4. CONFESSION

My wife turned back and saw me standing infront of her. I showed her the photograph and she stood giving me a bewildered expression.

'Yeh hamari beti hai..?' I asked not allowing my tears to fall down through my cheeks.

'HAMARI NAHI SIRF MERI' Purvi said in a strict tone looking at me (not in my eyes although).

'What do you mean ki vo SIRF TUMHARI hai..? Vo meri bhi beti hai..' I said looking at her.

She just rolled down her eyes and left from there. I sat on the bed and looked at the door from where she left. I waited till late night so that I can talk with her. But she was no where to be seen.

I came to the balcony of our room and looked outside. I saw her talking with a man who was holding her from shoulders. She was looking at him, I couldn't see the face of that man but all I saw was his back which told me that he has a well built body just like me.

'Yeh hai kaun aur Purvi use kuch keh kyun nahi rahi hai..?' I said to myself.

I was about to turn when I saw that the man left from there leaving Purvi. I then saw Purvi turning back and she saw Shreya infront of her. They talked for sometime and then Purvi sat in a car and left from there.

I then saw Shreya coming inside the house. She directly went inside the room where Daya sir was sleeping. She didn't came outside, so I slightly opened the door and saw that Shreya and Daya sir were sleeping together again.

'Shreya di aur Daya sir ke saath..? Aisa kya hua hai ki di seeda Daya sir ke paas aake so gayi..?' I thought.

The next day, we did breakfast (except for Purvi who didn't came till now). Shreya came infront of Daya sir and apologized out of the blue. Everyone was looking at Shreya including me.

'Daya sir, ho sake tho plz mujhe maaf kar dijiyega.. 8 saal pehle jo hua vo nahi hona chahiye tha.. I'm really sorry sir..' Shreya said apologizing.

'Its ok Shreya..' Daya sir said and gave a faint smile and left from there. I was really exasperated at the moment that I quickly left from there to bureau.

I saw Purvi sitting on her desk and working on the computer. I calmed myself a bit and was about to go near her when we got a case. Shreya, Pankaj and I left for the crime scene (a forest). Pankaj was searching the corpse while Shreya and I was checking in the surrounding area.

Shreya came near me but I was so enraged that I didn't want to talk with her. She turned me towards her and then she said..

'Kavin, mujhe pata hai ki tum mujhse gussa ho.. Lekin, plz ek baar meri baat suno..' Shreya said trying to convince me.

'Kyun sunu aapki baat mai..? 8 saal se mai Purvi se sirf isliye dur raha kyunki Daya sir ne... *sob* Maafi unhe maangna chahiye tha aapko nahi..' I said totally broken from inside.

'Galti meri hai tho Daya sir kyun mujhse maafi maangenge..?' Shreya said looking at me.

'Kavin, yeh sab kisi ka planning tha.. Vo chahta hai ki hamara pariwaar tut jaaye.. Isliye usne mere aur Daya sir ke beech vo saare misunderstandings paida kiya..' Shreya confessed.

'Par koi hamare pariwaar ko kyun todna chahega..?' I asked being confused.

'Kyunki vo chahta hai ki Purvi uski ho jaaye..' Shreya said avoiding her gaze.

'Kya matlab hai aapka..?' I asked turning my back towards her.

'Kal raat vo aadmi

'Kal raat vo aadmi.. Vo Purvi ka pagal deewana hai aur vo Purvi ko kisi bhi haal mei paana chahta hai..' Shreya said.

'Yeh baat aapko kaise pata..?' I asked.

'Purvi ne bataya kal raat ko..' She replied.

'Vo 8 saal pehle mujhse yeh baat keh sakti thi na..' I said being mad.

'Use khud us waqt pata chala jab hum log London chale gaye the..' Shreya replied.

I finally calmed down and turned to leave when Shreya stopped me by grabbing my hand. I looked at her.

'Purvi nahi chahti ki tumhe yeh baat pata chale aur hamara pariwaar tute..' Shreya said making me aware that it should be a secret between us.

I nodded my head in yes and then we both started investigation. Later, when I reached the bureau, I saw Purvi working on the files. I went near her and sat beside her.

'Mai madad kar deta hu..' I said softly.

'Mai kar lungi' she said without looking at me.
_______________________________________________