Starstruck (B.T.Y.)

Start from the beginning

"You always sound more optimistic than me, you know," she chuckled. "By the way, what time will you fly back to Vienna?"

"At 9, Austin time. I asked Britta to search for the earliest flight, so I can be there as soon as possible. Do you miss me?"

Gia was about to laugh out loud, but knowing that Ludwig was sleeping peacefully, she tried to hold it. "What a stupid question! Of course I miss you!"

"I know that it's a stupid question, but I still needed to ask it," he laughed. "I miss you too, more than you know. How's our little man?"

"He's asleep now. He accompanied mom and I to watch you race and he kept clapping his hands as if he understood what he was watching."

"Good boy!" Seb said proudly. "Send my kiss to him."

"What about me?" she asked innocently. Her cheeks blushed when he blew a kiss on the screen.

"That's for you, for now. You're going to get the real ones until you're tired of it when I've been there."

"Okay, I can't wait for that," she giggled. "Erm, I'm sorry, Seb. My eyes are so heavy."

As he got what she meant, he prepared to say goodbye to her. "It's fine. Please don't apologize. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, champion. Safe flight. I love you."

"Bye, gorgeous. I love you."

Gia hung up his call as her sleepiness had beaten everything. She put it back on the nightstand. Then, she pulled up the duvet and went back to her dream not long after.

---

Gia was inside Seb's office room, sitting in front of her laptop. She had to send an e-mail to a book company for ordering nonfiction books. Thankfully, Seb was free so he could babysit Ludwig.

Her phone rang as Mariska was calling her. "Hi, Mariska."

"Gia! Have you watched the video?" she asked excitedly.

"Video? What video?" she frowned.

"There is a video of Seb and Mick playing Jenga."

Gia remembered that she found some nice pictures of her husband with Mick playing that block tower in Austin around a week ago. "Oh, I haven't watched that."

"Then you should do it now."

"Why now? I'm typing an e-mail to Bahoe Books and I have to send it today."

"I know, but please spare your time. It isn't that long."

"Erm, okay."

"I'll text you in 10 minutes time. Bye!"

Gia chuckled at how excited Mariska was. Then, she tapped on YouTube app and searched for F1 channel as she had subscribed it. She quickly found that 8-minute video.

"Who have you met who has left you starstruck?" Seb read the question on a sticker attached on the block.

"I don't know," Mick replied. "You?"

"My wife." Then, Seb laughed. "Hahahaha. I mean, when I met your father when I was child, I was like, argh, you know."

After she finished watching the video, Gia tapped the like button and closed the app. Her face flushed remembering the moment Seb mentioned her as one of the people who had left him starstruck, besides Michael, his childhood hero, obviously.

He really said it firmly although he avoided eye contact with Mick for a few seconds before he laughed. Did he really mean it though? She needed to find out about it.

But she had to finish what she had left, sending the e-mail to the company. Then, she noticed that there was a new message whom she believed was from Mariska.

Mariska

I bet that you have watched it. Seb is really in love with you over and over again♡

Gia was so convinced that if she stood in front a mirror and saw herself, her cheeks would look like tomatoes. She started typing her reply.

Georgia

Mariska, I don't know, I literally have no words. How could he say it surely? But maybe he was just kidding, who knows?

Mariska

Don't be kidding me! He obviously loves you. He's the perfect man for you. And usually, the first answer is the truth one, although in this case both of his answers were the truth.

Gia was about to put her phone on the table when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in!"

"Hey!" Seb greeted her. He was carrying their 11-month-old Ludwig in his arms. Then with one hand, he pulled a chair to sit beside Gia. "Have you finished?"

"Yes, I've just sent the e-mail." She clicked on YouTube to replay the video. "Seb, I wanna show you something."

While stroking Ludwig's tiny hands, Seb paid attention to Gia's phone. It was the video when he played Jenga with Mick and he finally understood what she was going to show him about.

"What does that mean?" she asked after she stopped the video.

He raised his brows. "Isn't that clear to you?" He tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "I'm always starstruck every time I see you. I always have been. Sometimes I question myself if I deserve to be in this position, to be your husband. You are the most beautiful person I've ever set my eyes on. Maybe I sounded as if I was kidding on that video, but I really meant it. Every time I see your face, I always feel butterflies in my stomach."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you, Seb. If I got the same question, then the answer would be you," she replied while caressing his cheek. "Maybe it's quite embarrassing that I was never in a relationship with someone until I was 32, but it was because you've stolen my heart for years!"

"Good. Just me," he smirked.

"Yes. Just you."

Gia leaned in to find his lips. His kiss was always making her come alive, always loving, always intoxicating. She couldn't have asked for a better man in her life.

When they were deepening their kiss, Seb felt a touch on his chin. It turned out that Ludwig was trying to reach him with his hand. So, Gia and Seb pulled away from each other and laughed.

---

Author's note: Another one shot of Seb and Gia because today (30/10/21), Back To You has reached 100k readers! OMG I never thought that I would reach this milestone😭

Back To You is my third story that I wrote from November 2019 to October 2020, if I remember correctly. But it is actually the first story that I wrote with a better English, I suppose, because the previous stories were written in 2014 and 2015 when my English was still a lot worse.

I'm gonna use this opportunity to thank you all for reading, voting, and also commenting on Back To You (and also my other stories). You should know that it means so much to me. I hope that you had pleasure reading it. And also, I didn't expect that I can gain new friends through the stories I wrote and it's so meaningful too