Memory Box Part 6

A Hogwarts Mystery

"So, you three disobeyed school rules," Filch chuckled in delight. He loved punishing students, especially since the little miscreants seem to up their game every year.

The three in front of him were caught trespassing in a restricted corridor. Normally, Filch wouldn't mind since kids were just being kids, but this corridor was blocked off due to magical ice. It seemed the two Gryffindors and Hufflepuff were up to know good. But of course, they were just trying to solve one of the many mysteries that this school held. He even knew what this particular mystery was since Dumbledore had him lay out the clues for them. He just hadn't expected them to enter this corridor.

"You will meet me after class for one week and clean up after some of our magical creatures."

One of the students, the Gryffindor who was at the center of this mystery, spoke up. "What about Quidditch practice?"

That was a good point. Filch loved Quidditch and this student was a rising star even though they were only in their second year. But, sadly, he could not fold on his punishment. He wasn't allowed to show favoritism and he was playing a character after all.

"Stop your whining! You will do as you are told!" Filch was such an ugly person but it was so much fun to be him. Most of the time anyways. The students did have a tendency to prank him and Mrs Norris.

A Brief Break

Hermione stretched her arms over her head. They were in Dumbledore's office during their brief respite. Once every six months, the potion that changed them into Filch and Mrs. Norris, would wear off and they would have to take it again.

"This form feels best," sighed Tom.

"Yes," agreed Hermione. "Not being able to talk or to do this," she gave Tom a brief kiss that promised to lead to more in the future. "Is quite vexing and tiresome," she said when she pulled away.

Tom moved closer to her, no doubt wanting to continue kissing her. The door opened and in walked Dumbledore before Tom could do anything. "Time to finish our project, Tom my boy."

Tom and Dumbledore had been working on making the Illuminator. It turned out that the spell that had brought Ron to Hermione and Harry during their hunt for the Horcruxes was a more elaborate version of Tom's locating spell.

Blue

Mrs. Norris glanced at the bowl of milk in front of her. She knew not to trust it. The students, especially the Weasley twins, had increased their pranks on her.

She did what no ordinary cat would do, she sniffed the bowl then walked away. What a mistake that turned out to be. Her paw hit a tile and blue fog came pouring out.

The sounds of the twins snickering echoed down the hallway. What did they do to her this time? She backed away and looked at her reflection in the bowl of milk. Her fur had turned completely blue.

With an agitated meow, she walked past the twins. She batted at their feet with a hiss before sulking back to where Filch was.

He took one look at her and burst out laughing. "How did the twins get you this time?" She was going to hex that man and the twins the next chance she got.

Hairless

Mrs. Norris was curled up asleep, hidden from prying eyes. She had gotten used to all of the sleep that cats needed. The only problem was that she couldn't sleep as much as she wanted to because of the twins.

The snickering giggles had her alarm bells ringing. She grumpily opened her eyes. The twins had unfortunately found her hiding spot. Oh, that was right. They possessed the Marauder's map. That was careless of her to forget.

The chilly air in the corridor caused her to shiver. Mrs. Norris looked down at her, confused as to why she would be cold.

Her eyes widened in horror. Her beautiful hair was gone. The twins had used some kind of hair loss spell on her! How dare they rob a lady of her glorious hair! Now she was completely naked!

Payback

The effects of the potion on Hermione and Tom faded away. The students were currently at dinner and Tom was curled up on the couch in their room asleep. She pitied him for sleeping through their brief release.

She held back the small giggle that demanded to burst free when she shot the spell at the sleeping man. His flawless skin was now marred with green dots.

Hermione snuck down the secret passageway that led to the Great Hall. With careful aim, she aimed it at her two targets.

The twins dropped their utensils and pointed at each other as they burst into laughter. After their laughter faded away, they demanded to know which had done it to them.

Hermione was getting ready to leave when she felt eyes on her. She looked over and found Snape and Dumbledore looking at her with knowing looks. They were the only other people who knew about the secret corridor.

She shot them an innocent smile and left. She wasn't worried that Snape had seen her since he knew who she really was. Dumbledore trusted him and it turned out that he wasn't that bad of a guy. He even helped her get revenge on the twins once.

Delores Umbridge

Filch choked down the bile that threatened to come up as he smiled sweetly at the annoying woman in front him. Her plump figure was hideously marred by the unfortunate pink outfit.

"You look lovely today," he lied through gritted teeth.

The seriously messed up woman smiled at him. It was obvious that not too many people held interest in the woman before him. It was also obvious that she was completely mental.

"Keep up the good work," she told him with a fake smile.

He didn't drop the lovesick look off of his face until she was out of sight. "I will have nightmares because of this," he grumbled.

The beautiful cat at his feet snickered, obviously enjoying his torment. "Enjoy it while it lasts." He told his partner. "Maybe I should sneak some ideas to the twin's," he mumbled as an afterthought.