Chapter 23: Phony Cameron

Satella: "This... This is...!"

Satella stared at the black giant scorpion claw. Her eyes widened by surprise.

Minerva: "Shaula's claw! What's it doing there!?"

Echidna stayed calm and creates a smug face. But she sees the opportunity to...

Echidna: "Did you just ripped out her claw?"

Satella: "As if! Why don't you try to search her body?"

Echidna is watching her surroundings. Then, she realizes that Narberal Gamma is missing.

Echidna: "Do you know where Narberal Gamma is? Satella, you heard her go away or not?"

Satella: "Narberal? What about her? Ah!"

Satella too, have realized that Narberal is gone.

Satella: "But... I didn't hear anything! Joseph! Where's Narberal!?"

Joseph: "Why're you asking me as if I know everything!? No I do not!"

Kakyoin: "This might be the work of an enemy's Stand..."

While everyone is alert of the disappearance of Narberal, Echidna inspected Shaula's claw. She noticed that the claw didn't have any signs of being cut from the scorpion itself. There is also no blood spilled.

Echidna: "The claw is strange... It doesn't spill any blood."

She then inspects the insides of the claw.

Echidna: "!"

She's surprised. She saw that the blood inside the claw actually flows in the blood vessel, but disappears when it flows outside the claw.

Echidna: "Interesting..."

Satella: "Echidna! Stop doing your own business and help us!"

Echidna: "Satella! Shut up! I'm searching for answers!"

Satella is pissed but managed to keep her cool.

Echidna: "Minerva!"

Minerva: "Yes!?"

Echidna: "You should find Shaula and heal her! The claw is key to solve this mystery!"

Minerva: "Buy I already did! She's nowhere to be found!"

Kakyoin: "But that's impossible. If her claw was cut, all we need to do is to follow the blood trail. But there's no blood."

Polnareff is in deep thought. Jotaro still kept silent. Joseph keeps on saying "OH NO"s and "OH MY GAD"s all the time that Tanya have to shut him up. But suddenly, Tanya noticed something.

Tanya: "Guys! I think I detected a single person!"

Avdol: "Who is it?"

Tanya: "Don't know. But it's definitely our enemy. It's behind you, Satella!"

Satella heard another footstep. This time, it's the footsteps of a two legged living thing. It was from behind her, hidden behind the rubble.

ゴゴゴゴmenacingゴゴゴゴ

Satella: "THERE!"

Satella launched her shadows at the position of the footsteps she heard. Her shadows caught a person's leg and rips it apart from the person's body.

???: "GAAAAAAH"

The person moans in agony. Blood starts gushing out from the leg and the person's body.

Joseph: "Who's there!?"

???: "You! You son of a-!"

The person reveals himself out of his hiding spot by collapsing to the ground.