Holston Lake Legend

Holston Lake Legend
Emily T.

This is a legend that has been going around my town since the 1700's! It's been said that the Holston Lake use to be a town, but not just any town, but a town of vampire cults. They said that the neighboring towns would sneak through the woods and watch to see what they would do. When they started this their children started to disappear, along with their wifes. The men of the town were sick of having to deal with these people, so they flooded the whole town! Children, husbands, wifes, pets, everyone drowned. Bodies from grave sites floated to the top of the water along with the rest of the town. It was said that one by one all the men that were involved died in a tragic accident. Most of the men died by drowning, but the ones that came up with the idea died much tragically. They would either be found with their necks slit from ear to ear, or by being hung by their feet and faces were chewed off by some kind of mammal. When all of the men died the town went back to normal, but there was always a chill in the air. Today in present time the lake is a ground for fishing, family time, BBQ's, and swimming. But they say if you feel something grab your feet while your swimming that it's one of the people from the old town trying to pull you under with them. And to never under any circumstance look under the water, or you will be yanked down and become another victim of the Holston Lake Legend.