Church of Carnage

Church of Carnage
Posted by avery420

Every town has a legend or myth. Some are made up by kids trying to scare their younger siblings. But others are very true. Like the one you will read today...

Back during the late 20's and early 30's there was a poor, hard-working family of four. The father Thomas, the mother Mary, 13 year old son John, and 15 year old daughter Kathy. Everyday Thomas and John would work in the field, hoping to bring in something for their family to eat. On days that they could bring in something to eat, Kathy and her mother would cook and prepare supper for the family.

After the Great Depression started, they were struggling more and more each day. The crops weren't growing, therefore they were making no money. Eventually they were forced to sell their farm. Luckily enough Thomas was really good friends with their preacher, so he allowed them to stay at the church.

The family stayed in the church, only eating two or three times a week. They began to do anything to survive. John and Kathy would steal food (not telling their parents because they were very religious and believed it was wrong) Their father would spend most of his time praying for God to help them get back on their feet. Every Sunday during church Thomas would testify, thanking the Lord for giving their family a place to stay, but everyone could tell by the look in his eyes he wasn't satisfied.

Two months past with them living in the church. They were starving. Mary had become very ill, and the preacher told them they had to move out of the church by next week. A couple of days later while John and Kathy were out stealing food, they came across a rundown slaughter house. On the ground outside, there was an old rusty hatchet laying on the ground. Kathy picked it up and turned to her brother and said, "God has a plan for us."

Early Sunday morning the preacher woke them at 5 am. "Get out!" He ordered. He was wacked in the back of the head with a 2x4, knocking him out cold. He awoke to Kathy hacking his arm with the hatchet, but he couldn't do anything because he was tied down and couldn't move. She passed the hatchet around to the rest of her family. They took turns until he had been butchered to death. The family locked the doors to the church and began to feast on the flesh of the preacher.

The next day the church was found abandoned. There was blood stained into the carpet and all over the walls. Remains of the preacher were found in the place where people were baptized. A note was found at the alter that read, "God has answered our prayers"

There has been no trace of the family till this very day.