thirteen

I was so shocked when I woke up today with a lot of unread notifications and 1k reads! I wasn't expecting it since I just wrote to vent out my academic stress and all but thank you so much for the good feedbacks, it means so much to me!

Y/N's POV

I tried calming myself down with the fact that this place has its own security personnel due to the fact that it used to be Rindou's place and he has a lot of enemies, but I just can't. Maybe if I am alone, I would have done that but now that I have a growing fetus inside of me, I could never risk it. I am scared, not for me but for my child.

I called Senju and she told me she's coming over with Keisuke. Both of them are both good at fighting so it somehow calms me having them around.

When they arrived, Senju immediately read the letter and threw it to the ground, "he better not lay one finger on you or I'll cut his body into half!"

Keisuke also read the letter with his brows furrowed, "is he this dumb? After playing you like that he's gonna come back and with a threat?"

Senju turned soft and wrapped her arms around me, "don't worry too much, hmm? Kei and I will keep you and the baby safe."

I nodded and we went upstairs. I let them stay on my room while I stayed at Rindou's. I felt at peace when I inhaled his scent although it is slowly fading. I sat on the bed and caressed my stomach gently, "hey little one, can you smell daddy right now? He smells good, right?"

The scent of Rindou lingering in the sheets somehow gives me that fake image that he is here with us as well. Would he be happy if ever? I wonder.

"I'm sorry if it's only mommy here, my love. I'm sorry if I can't get your daddy back. But I promise you, I will shower you with all my love. It may not be enough to fill daddy's place, but at least you won't feel alone."

I kept on caressing it and suddenly remembered that there is a big possibility I won't be able to keep my kid because I didn't take care of myself for days. I sighed, I guess I must prepare myself for worst case scenarios.

I woke up early because I still have class, and I want to make breakfast for Senju and Keisuke since they kept me safe last night. When I went down, Ran walked in holding a grocery bag, "I saw some healthy, organic foods that are good for pregnant women and bought all of it."

"Ran!" I laughed, I looked at the items inside the bag, "oh my gosh, this is too much!"

"That's okay, I want the child to be healthy as possible. The three of us always caught cold and other common virus so it's better to strengthen his immune system in case the Haitani genes is too superior," he said and placed it on the table. He was about to arrange it all when he bent down and picked up something.

Hanma's letter! Before I could snatch it from him, he already read it and crumpled it, "why is that bastard not dead yet?"