Chapter nine

Heather sat beside Cameron as they let the car run in the garage. Heather had always known that Cameron's parents were wealthy, but she never thought of the inside of his house looking as fancy as it did. She guessed that it was a good thing that she got to know the boy a lot more before graduation.

"You know the whole time I was thinking things over", said Cameron. "I was like meditating. Then, I sort of watched myself on the inside. I realized it was ridiculous. Being afraid, worrying about everything, wishing I dead. All of that shit. I'm tired of it. This was best day of my life. I'm really going to miss you guys next year".

"We'll miss you too", Heather replied.

"Cameron, can I ask you a question?", Sloane asked.

"Yeah"

"Did you watch me and Heather change in to our clothes by the jacuzzi?"

Cameron couldn't help, but grin sheepishly. Heather gasped and nudged him.

"You did? I thought you were catatonic", said Sloane. "That's okay. I'm not embarrassed"

"I better check on the car", he said before walking in to the garage.

Cameron called Ferris in to the garage. When they arrived, they realized that the mules weren't coming off.

"Just crack open the odometer and roll it back by hand", Ferris suggested.

"No. Forget it", said Cameron. "I got to take a stand. I'm bullshit"

"Don't say that", Heather told him.

"No, it's true. I put up with everything. My old man pushed me around and I never say anything!", he hits his chest with a balled fist. "Well, he's not the problem. I'm the problem. I got to take a stand. I got to stand up to him. I'm not going to sit on my ass as the events that effect me unfold to determine to take a course over my life. I'm going to take a stand. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it".

He started to stomp on the front of the car, causing it to dent. Sloane stepped forward, but Ferris held her back. Heather had no choice, but to stand there and remain silent as she let him take his repressed frustration out on the car.

"I hate this goddamn car! Who do you love? You love a car, you son of a Bitch", he mocked viciously as he continued to kick at the front hood. He finally stopped and looked at the damage that had been done. "Shit. I dented the shit out of it", Cameron slightly chuckled.  "I don't care. I really don't. I'm just tired of being afraid. I can't wait to see the look on the bastard's face when-"

Then, the car rolled off and crashed through a window.  All four of them were left shell shocked as they slowly walked towards the shattered window and at the now fully damaged car.

"What did I do?", Cameron spoke up, realized that he was in bigger trouble than he thought. 

"You killed a car", answered Ferris. "Cameron, it's my fault. We'll wait until your father gets home and when he gets here, I'll tell him I did it. He hates me anyway".

"No, I'll take it"

"I made you take the car out this morning"

"I could've stopped you. It's impossible to stop Ferris Bueller, you know?"

Ferris agreed. "When Morris comes home, he and I are going to have a little chat", Cameron smiled.