Chapter six

The four of them sat behind a taxi cab as busy traffic moved along the street. Then, Cameron suggested on them getting the car back home. "What do you mean? We have until six", replied Ferris.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't cares, but it does mean my ass", Cameron said.

"You don't think I care?"

"I know you don't care"

They continued to argue until Cameron made a distorted face and Ferris mimicked it. "What are you guys doing?", Heather looked at both of them, confused. "Look over there", Cameron said through gritted teeth. They all turned to look at the neighboring car to see Ferris' dad. "Shit!", Heather exclaimed. After some quick thinking, the boys decided to lay on the car floor while Heather and Sloane wore their sunglasses and acted natural. Once Mr. Bueller caught a glance, Heather smiled at him and Sloane mimed a flirtatious kiss. "What is he doing?", asked Ferris.

"He's licking the glass and making obscene gestures with his hands", Sloane jokingly. Heather playfully nudged Sloane and Ferris tickled her leg. She broke in to a fit of laughter which rightfully confused Mr. Bueller.
~~~~~

"Are you sure you didn't see him leave the cab?", Heather asked Sloane. Ferris disappeared in to the crowd after they got out of the taxi. "Yeah, I'm sure", replied Sloane. They continued to search for him until they heard a familiar voice coming from a microphone. "Ladies and gentleman, you're such a wonderful crowd, I'd like to play a tune for you", Ferris spoke from the parade float. "I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who didn't think that he saw anything good today". Heather and the others collectively turned their attention to the parade float with shock and widened eyes. "Cameron Frye, this ones for you", Ferris continued before lip-syncing Wayne Newton's "Danke Shoen".

"Ferris, are you crazy?", Heather called out while Cameron and Sloane called for him to get off of the float. They rushed over to the float until the police officers back them away from it. Ferris continued to lip sync the song as well as the Beatles' "Twist and Shout". After a while, Heather, Sloane, and Cameron started to have fun with it and danced along with the crowd of people.