𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱- shopping...?

" Oh my days, Halt! Are you trying to get us killed, " mason squealed in the passengers seat, gripping onto it as if it were a lifeline.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh as I sped up, just to put him on edge that tiny bit more, which it did.

" Slow it down, " he squawked as we came to the traffic lights and I put my foot down on the break, making him breathe a sigh of relief.

I turned my head, tapping my finger impatiently on the steering wheel to see mason ruffling about his hair in the mirror. I raised my eyebrows and waited for him to turn around. Honestly, it was like looking in a mirror when he gave me the same look back.

" What? " he shrugged, turning his attention deflect on something else in the car.

I made a frown and shook my head as I mumbled a " nothing. "

" So, you haven't exactly told me where we are off too? " he rejoiced leaning back, sitting still for the first time today.

" Don't get too excited. Food shopping, stopping by the office to drop of these, and back, " I spoke in a dull tone but made it sound somehow exciting as he nodded his head slowly in suspicion.

" What? "

" I thought you did photography, " he testified, a grin sat widely on his face as he picked up the a4 brown  file and started to flick through.

" Yeah, I do, but those are just some previous photos from New Zealand I'm handing in as apart of a way to up my credit where I work, " I admitted as I watched out the corner of my eye his facial expressions change within every photo, until he reached a certain one.

" Is this you? " he asked pointing as I took my eyes of the road for a split second, before admiring the art of my own work.

" Mhm, " I smiled softly.

The photo was of me and talia, both sitting on the edge of the boat laughing about something olivia had said.

My heart ached to be there with her right now.

" Ready? " I asked as I pulled into a free parking space and grabbed my belongings.

" Jesus that was quick, " he mused looking around.
" Then again, you were driving like there was no tomorrow. "

I laughed as I stepped out the car door, locking it behind me.

" Have you got a list? " he asked as I shook my head.

" You what? So you just memorise it all? "

" It's not that difficult to memorise some food mason, " I defended myself as he pulled a face.

" So, what do you need? " he asked emphasising the ' do. '

" Well, spinach, cucumber, celery, lettuce, rocket, broccoli, fresh avocado, tomato, oh and peppers after you threw the last one at me, " I added turning to him pointing a finger as I continued to count on the rest. He put his arms up protecting himself as I carried on.

" Apples, lemon, strawberry, raspberry, banana, carrots, tomato purée, olives, low-fat cheese, almond milk, bagels, overnight oats, 2 eggs, spaghetti and penne pasta, mince, sushi, rice, mixed vegetables, potatoes, coffee and a few sweet bits, " I finished feeling slightly out of breath. I saw masons eyes and eyebrows rise as far as they could go as he perched his lips into a almond shape.

" Jesus, I thought I had it hard shopping, let alone you. "

I laughed as we walked into Tesco, the warmth hitting a little too hard as I begun to miss it as we walked away down the freezer isles.

" Cucumber? " he asked holding it up, squinting to read the label.

" Glasses? " I scoffed as I took it from his hand and put it into the trolley.

He made a face again as we carried on heading down the aisles. Mason picked up everything, checked dates and placed it into the trolley, whilst I felt myself being more relaxed than usual with not having to run round and find everything myself.

I would've felt bad...

if he wasn't an athlete.

" Biscoff biscuits? " he asked as I saw him holding up a multipack.

" Only one pack, olivia doesn't like them, " I exclaimed as I watched his jaw drop practically down to his feet.

" I know right! " I agreed in a high pitch voice.

" Nahh she is a proper mad one, " he mocked.
" You know what, multipack and I'll have a pack at yours when we get back. "

" Are you allowed biscoff? " I asked sounding surprised.

" I'm an athlete, not a- "

" Alright alright, keep your hair on. " I laughed taking the pack and dunking them into the trolley.

A/N ~

Guys I'm so sorry I've been inactive,
Honestly keeping up grades and keeping
my mh prioritised whilst being on socials
was hard but I'm back! :)

SHORT CHAPTER <3