And yet here he was, in front of her, with a gun that he had just shock Susan Peterkin with.

After the initial shocked passed, Athena and John B shot forwards. John B was whispering reassurances to Peterkin as Rafe held his gun to them. Athena looked up, trying to find something to hold against Peterkin's wound when she noticed John B's bandana around his neck.

"Your bandana." Athena stated. John B seemed to get the memo, quickly taking it off his neck and handing it to Athena. The blonde pressed it to the woman's gunshot wound as John B put his on top of hers, trying to apply enough pressure to keep her alive. Athena looked up at Rafe, tears falling  from her eyes uncontrollably. "What did you do?"

"Call—" Peterkin wheezed. "Call for help."

John B went to pick up her radio but Rafe quickly walked forward, pointing his gun at John B's head. "Don't try it asshole."

Ward coaxed John B into giving him the radio, taking it out of the brunet's hands. Athena tried to ignore their conversation, keeping her hands firmly pressed against the Sheriff's wounds, desperately hoping the pressure was enough.

"I'm sorry." Athena whispered to the woman. "I'm so sorry."

"Run." Peterkin instructed John B.

"I'm not leaving you."

"You gotta go JB, I've got it." Athena nodded, looking up at him. John B made eye contact with Athena, knowing that she definitely did not have it but she was strong enough to deal without him for a little while.

"Run."

John B slowly got up, looking at Sarah. Rafe noticed, but he wasn't quick enough as Sarah nodded. "Run."

That was all it took for John B to leave, sprinting off into the distance as Rafe went crazy. He tried to run after him but Sarah and Ward got in his way. Rafe began to shoot the gun in all directions, hoping to hit John B in his sprint. Sarah quickly ran over to Athena and Peterkin, putting her hands where John B's were moments ago.

"I'm so sorry." Athena sobbed once more.

"I'm sorry." Sarah cried.

"It's not your fault sweetie." Susan spoke looking at Athena before turning to Sarah. "Or yours."

"I'm sorry." They both repeated.

"Sa—Sarah? Athena?" Ward asked, coming over to where they were.

"What?" Sarah snapped.

"Girls, I need you to—"

"No!" Sarah shouted.

"I need you to get up." Ward spoke.

"She is dying!" Sarah cried.

"She needs help!" Athena shouted. She looked up at her father in disgust, her cheeks stained with tears and her hands painted red. "What is wrong with you?"

"Enough!" Ward spoke firmly, walking over to Rafe. "Take your sisters home. Get them home."

"What?"

"Get them home. Take them home." Ward demanded.

"I'm not going." Sarah protested.

"I'm not leaving her." Athena added. Ward then picked up the radio, stating how he was calling for help as a way to get the girls to leave calmly. Rafe knew this time it would be harder to get Athena to leave so he grabbed Sarah's arm first, ripping her away from the woman before trying to get to Athena. "I'm not leaving! No, Rafe! Get off!"

The girl pushed her brother away, turning back to Peterkin. "I'm not leaving you, okay? I am staying and I'm not letting you die. You don't deserve to die."