*•.¸♡𝙄 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙎𝙤♡¸.•*

Start from the beginning

"Mark, can I call you back?" I ask through a pained whisper. He catches my tone and immediately shuts up.

"Yeah! Why? What's up are you ok?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, just, yeah. I'll call you back in a bit ok?" I can hear the shift in his demeanour immediately.

"Yeah ok. Bye Isles." I whisper a small bye and hang up.

I walk up the steps of my apartment complex solemnly, unlocking my door with minimal effort and throwing my bag down near the door. The only smile reaching my face the whole while was the sight of a package on the doorstep. My expression drops when I enter the house.

The apartment was empty, except the kitchen bench occupied by a lone yellow note.

I ignore it.

I walk to my room and drop the parcel on my bed. The butterflies in my stomach resurface as I scramble to my desk for a pair of scissors, before recklessly throwing myself down on the bed and turning to the package, eager as ever to see what's inside.

Because the return address says somewhere in California

And my name has a little heart next to it.

Careful fingers trace over the tape as I gently open the box, cautious as to not break anything inside. I successfully open it and pull out the first present.

I hold it close to my chest immediately.

A half black and half white hoodie. The scent of his cologne starts to waft the room. I throw it over my head and snuggle into it extremely quickly, the butterflies in my stomach growing restless.

I reach back into the box and pull out the next item.

A box of glow in the dark stars.

A warm smile spreads across my face, paired with ruby cheeks.

Two more items remain in the box, I reach in like a luck dip and pull out a small velvet box. Opening it I find a rose quartz hanging from a black rope string. I smile at his thoughtfulness, the many nights rambling about crystals actually meant something to him.

The final present was a note, one written in red ink and messy handwriting. It reads:

Dear someone,

I see someone with a soul too big for her body.

I see someone who's wild sets me free.

I see someone who's heart falls from her eyes, rolls down her cheek and stains her t-shirt.

I see someone who's voice is as smooth milk and as thick as honey.

I see someone who's smile spreads wider than the Nile, filled to the brim with an indescribable joy I long to feel.

I see someone who looked chaos in the eye and called it her friend.

I see someone who I want nothing more, than to call mine.

I see you.

You wonder what I see in you,
with all your imagined and exaggerated imperfections, well.
I see truth,
I see strength,
I see joy.

I see you.

I see you for who you are.

And I promise, to settle for nothing less.

Love, Mark

A tear rolls off my cheek and onto the paper. My shaking hands clutch the red ink with a power I never knew I had. But it wasn't out of sadness. It was out of pure and utter admiration