Chapter One

The beautiful melody filled the flat as the London rain splattered the window.

The man facing the window was engrossed in his own mind, thinking of many things, while subconsciously playing the violin.

He barely heard the man struggle to open the door, and enter with bags of groceries, wet from the downpour.

"You know Sherlock, you could help me one of these days with at least taking the groceries in."

The melody halted abruptly. The man at the window turned to face the soaking wet man at the door. "Yes, I could. But that would have to include doing chores which takes time, which I don't have." The man turned back to face the window and put the violin on the stand.

"What are you talking about? We haven't had a case since that one with the lady found dead on a stop sign!"

"Load of rubbish that one was, people never think of the sister." The man walked over to the couch and flopped down onto it. After a few minutes of stillness he layed down and reached over to the table and grabbed a pack of cigarettes.

"Oh no you don't!" said the man who just finished unpacking the groceries. He ran over and wrestled them from the man on the couch's grasp. "Where did you get these?!" he demanded, every word filled with anger.

"John, give them back!" the man whined. "They sustain my boredom!"

"No they don't! They make you crazy! Now, where'd you get them?"

"Mnmny," the man mumbled.

"Hmm?" the man holding the cigarettes said impatiently.

"Molly," the man mumbled.

"Molly!?" he exclaimed.

"Yes, okay? She was the only one who was willing to give them to me! Is that so wrong?!" the man yelled.

"You can't go and... extort your friends every time you get bored! Because let me tell you that's often," he said staring him down.

"Well it's not my fault! It's the world's fault for not being interesting enough!"

The man got up from the couch and grabbed a gun from the table, "BORED!" he shot the smiley face on the wall, "BORED, BORED, BORED!" Each time switching shooting hands.

"Sherlock not again! Mrs. Hudson is going to have a fit!"

"Well she isn't here now is she John!?" Rubbing it in his face, "She's gone to live with her sister for a year! Wall shooting all day long!" He shot the wall again, this time with his left arm twisted around his back to shoot from his right side.

"Fine! Whatever! But no more smoking! I will go and get rid of these!" he said shaking the pack of cigarettes and walking to his room.

The man just rolled his eyes.

The man was about to fire another bullet at the wall when he heard something coming from downstairs. A melodious something.

"John! Come now! I think things may get a bit more interesting."