Chapter 1 - A dark figure

Beginne am Anfang

After eating breakfast, I showered and changed into my school outfit my new school had. I my grey skinny jeans, biker boots, white script tee and leather jacket. I quickly applied my make up, foundation, lip gloss, mascara and dark eyeliner which made my light blue eyes stand out. I had dark brown wavy hair and I wouldn't say I was tall at 5'4" I wasn't small either just a bit on the petite side. My older brother used to drive me and Jess to shcool in his car when we used to live in the UK, so he said he'd still drive us to school since today was our first day and we needed to get there on time. Fair enough considering I had no sense of direction and a lack of ability to follow directions. I would have to drive from tomorrow onwards though. Passing my driving test over August time was the best thing about this place. Investing in a intensive driving course and my older brothers patience was what really helped.

Jake said he was looking for a apartment or house near to our house, but to be honest I didn't want him to move out, although we do argue and are very competitive I would miss him and it would make the house even quieter. To be honest he's been acting strange lately, but I put that down to him wanting to moving out. Of course I did have my own car, personally I think that was my parents way of making up for me having to have to spend my senior year in a totally different school in a totally different country. However I loved my silver 4X4.

"Bex! are you ready to go? Jake yelled.

I flung everything I thought I would need in to my handbag styled bag and flung the thing the over my shoulder and went back downstairs. Jake and Jess were already waiting so I yelled " bye" to my mum and dad an we left. The ride to the local school took Fifteen minutes. It seemed way longer, I was so nervous worrying about what people would think of me, I would have a strong British accent compared to everyone else. We arrived outside the school, It was a nice looking school as far as schools go. It was a large building with character and there were benches to eat lunch on, a huge field that streched out long with a couple of trees on one side and tennis courts and a football slash soccer field on the other side. Jake was meant to leave once he dropped us off, but insisted that he would walk us to the office.

On our way to the office a huge tall guy with dirty blond hair, who was probably a jock sprinted down the corridor towards us with a book in his hand and his friend who I presume was also a jock was in pursuit . "You run like a girl!" the blond haired one yelled back at his brown haired friend. Suddenly a dark figure appeared walking around the corner and the jock ran right into him pushing the person and himself towards me. I stumbled backwards and felt mybself falling down towards the stairs. I squeezed my eyes shut bracing myself for the painful impact. However the impact never came, intead I felt two strong arms catching me and pulling me upright. Ow I thought to myself thank god Jake caught me. Looking up I quickly realised that it wasn't Jake who had caught me but the handsome dark figure, he carefully placed me upright and glaring at the Jock. Jake quickly pulled me behind him as I kept looking at the dark figure who caught me wondering who he was. He was rather tall looking and was dressed in a casual but formal manner.

"Should have moved, you could have a bad fall" the jock smirked sarcastically. Jake tensed next to me. Smirking sarcastically, I dismissed the jock

"Jake he's not worth it he's a pretentious Asshole" I said to my brother. The figured chuckled making me turn around to for a better look. I gasped and my jaw almost fell open, hit the ground and made a round trip to China. He was gorgeous, he had tanned skin, a muscled body, a light stubble and dark brown hair that fell down messily over his eyes which were a dark chocolate brown. He looked a bit too old to be a new student though but too be to young to be a teacher, he looked to be early twnties.

I smiled at him. But out of the corner of my eye I saw the angry jock advancing towards me. I gasped slightly then turned to glare back at him. The dark figure as I described him now tensed as the Jock came closer. But before anything else could happen Jake stood protectively in front of me, shoving the jock backwards,his hand clenching into fists at his side, he glaring back at the jock.

" Rebbeca take Jess and go get your timetables from the office, now!"

" Jake, you can't be serious, I'm not leaving you here to do something stupid" I hissed back quietly.

"Not now Rebecca, I'm not gonna do anything stupid I promise, Please? " Sighing I gave up and decided to trust him. I went quietly without question and took Jess with me. He had to be angry, he never used my full name unless something was wrong. I just hoped he would keep to his word and wouldn't do anything stupid or get himself hurt.

I reached the office and explained to the lady behind the desk we were new student.

"Here's your timetables, I'm Mrs Grantley by the way. Be sure to come back if any of you need anything" she smiley kindly at us, her eyes crinkling up at the sides as she did so.

Jess and I separated and went to find our home room. I was already a bit late so when I reached the right room I noticed that there was a lot of people already inside and seated. I gulped, took a deep breath and knocked on the door before entering.

Instantly the whole classroom looked my way. I could feel all eyes on me I just hoped I wasn't blushing.

My homeroom teacher was middle aged and balding he was also a bit on the chubby side. An image of an Oompa Loompa popped into my mind. I bit my tounge so I wouldn't burst out laughing. Being nervous didn't help.

" Class this is Rebecca Alexandria Summers. She's moved here from the UK. "

The class noded and got back to talking amongst each other. Mr Peterson the home room teacher pointed me to sit at the back by a group of people. I smiled nervously whilst walking towards them . Soon we got talking and I got to know all of them. The names of the four girls were Ellie, Lexii , Carrie and Rose and the five boys were Alec, Brandon, Cole, Will and Raphael. Ellie was dating Brandon and Carrie was dating Will. Alec was cute with his blue eyes, shaggy blond hair and mischievous boyish smile. They all seemed pretty nice.

Most of the day went quickly I had maths, and biology in the morning which all went past quickly we were all together in those classes so that was good. Lunchtime came and Carrie ran towards me draging my sister with her .

" Tell them! tell them! " Carrie squealed.

After alot of Omg and ahh's I realised they were talking about a hot new teacher. Who taught History and P.E. Lunchtime past quickly we mostly talked about the new teacher. It was Alec, Carrie, Cole who were with me in the class next so we made a deal to sit together. As the lunch bell went we hurried quickly to homeroom and then made our way to class. Alec opened the door "After you my love" he said in a mock British accent and winked at me before tacking my hand and leading me through the door.

"Hey! Cut it out" I laughed but as we sat down by the desk close to the back next to each other, I lifted my head up and realised who our new teacher was, I looked at the name on the whiteboard " Leon.C.Collins. Then our eyes met, it ws the person frm this morning, we both stood there staring at each other.