十二

Status: Edited

§

You walk into class a few moments after Bakugou and take you seat.

"Hi Shoto." You greet the boy to your left.

"Good morning Y/n." He curt nods towards your direction.

Mina pops out from nowhere and jumps onto your back, her arms waving.

"Y/N~," She squeals into your ear before lowering her voice, "Since when were you on first-name basis with Todoroki?!" You blush and swat her hands away.

"Was it because of your little lunch date~," She teases with a wide smile. You turn your head, eye-to-eye with your pink friend, warning her silently.

She jumps down onto the floor, hands on her hips, "Tell me everything!"

You roll your eyes with a smile, "Alright, alright. It wasn't much really," You settle down in your seat, "We talked during lunch at this really, really fancy restaurant. We ate a lot of good food, blah blah blah."

"The cold soba was really fire though." Lowering your voice before speaking again, "We had some small talk- and I explained to him about- you know- my parents."

A certain cold boy smiles at your considerate words. You had purposefully left out his talk about his family and he certainly appreciates it. Mina already knew about your parents, so you didn't go through much of that part either.

"We went around town after that. The arcades and random stores and shit. It was pretty cool." You add.

A certain angry blonde frowns, confusion hidden under his usual expression. He happens to be close enough to overhear what you whispered to Mina. You didn't seem much like someone with a heavy backstory to him. Not like he cared either way. He turns his head the other way.

"Y/n-chan! Ashido-chan! Todoroki-kun! Good morning!" Izuku greets the two of you as he walks in. He looks at Bakugou to greet him as well, but shivers from his angry look.

"Hiiiii!" Mina cheers, and climbs atop his table, sitting down cross-legged.

"Hi Izuku!" You smile at the boy, "How have you been doing? I saw you the other day, in the fields after school. Training hard?"

"Y-yes! I'm really looking forward to the Sports Festival- And the chances to face off all those other students- And to learn more and gather experience so I wanted to put out my best behavior..." His voice fading into a murmur.

You laugh at his cute mumbling. The sound snaps him out of his trance and he stops immediately, "S-sorry Y/n-chan! I always get lost in my thoughts!" He waves his hand around, sweating.

He really is cute. You think and smile, "It's all good. I mean, who isn't excited for that big event?"

§

The week goes on quickly without much commotion. Throughout the week, you train together with Mina and Kyouka afterschool, trying to get better at using your quirk.

You're also looking forward to the tutor session on Sunday adn the plans you made with Izuku on Friday, where you only have a half day of school.

The boy was really hard to refuse. He's like a cute little pup.

§

On Friday, during your study session at the cafe, he kept a conversation going the whole time. Somehow, he managed to get you to explain your family-situation as well, and unexpectedly, you didn't feel very sad as you did that.