chapter two

Chapter two

I told my sister the next morning about Blake Presley of 'crystal foods' and she stared at me with disbelieve.

"You must be joking." She said raising her left eyebrow and I showed her the note.

"This can't be true." She gasped as she read the note aloud.

"I don't know who he is, but I know he visits the restaurant where I work often." I was too busy trying to get the attention of my green-eyed idol, to notice someone else.

Cecily stared at me, shaking her head as I told her everything. "It's too good to be true. Don't you know who Mr. Presley is?" she asked and I shrugged.

She took my hand and led me to the bed even though I was dripping wet and in my towel after shower. She sat opposite me and smiled softly. "I still can't believe it"

I learnt from my sister that Blake Presley is the current CEO of crystal foods, and he is insanely rich and not to forget handsome too, but he couldn't be as 'hot' as my idol at the restaurant so, I rolled my eyes when she kept describing him as a 'hot'.

"...I saw him on TV once and I found myself rooted to a spot in awe." She continued "he was extremely hot. So did he mention why he wanted to see you?"

I shook my head and started laughing.

"What do you want to do now?' she asked ignoring my outpour.

"Honestly, I don't know, but I would go and see him at his office and find out what he wants from me."

I stood up immediately and got dressed wearing my plain white shirt and faded blue jeans skirt, with my sister staring at me like I had fallen from the sky. I knew I lacked style, but it didn't bother me at all. I remember feeling beautiful and special as my sister applied mascara, eye liner and then lip gloss on my face. It felt nice to have someone do my make up ad treat me specially.

"You look beautiful Miranda." Cecily said and I rolled my eyes with disbelieve. flattery wouldn't get her anywhere. I knew how I looked with my little breast that is hardly noticeable without a supporting bra; well I had a curvaceous behind and it helps to make my jeans fit, but I was not the definition of perfection or sexy even though I could be called pretty at times, my body anything but perfect.

It was easy to feel overwhelmed in the city of the sky scrapers watching the scene ofNew Yorkas my brother skillfully maneuvered his way out of traffic. It was the usual, yellow taxis, men and women walking down the side walk, every thing busy and hectic. I relaxed at the back of my brothers' black BMW. It was not new in the market but it was comfortable and classy.

After asking me series of uncomfortable questions he dropped me off and drove away.Crystalfoods headquarters was located at the outskirts and it was like ten sky scrappers combined if I could measure how wide the building was. I loved how it was surrounded by green. It was stupid of me to come here alone.

So many cars were parked at the parking lot and nearby huge trailers were being stocked up with finished goods for marketing.

Crystalfoods were makers of food Products, baby food, coffee, milk, cereals, noodles, confectionary, bottled water and ice-cream. I walked closer to the glass entrance door trying to blend in with the sea of people that streamed in and out. The place was so busy it was almost like visiting a construction site. I was about to walk in when someone grabbed my arm.

"Excuse me miss."

It was a well dressed security man. Damn. What should I tell him? Thank god I brought the letter written by the CEO himself. Hold the trumpet. What if this was a ruse and someone was trying to play on my intelligence, to see how stupid I was. I played into their hands directly without thinking of the consequences. I am such a fool; no CEO would see me and want me.