Am I that ugly? Is that why he didn't notice me? Maybe I smell bad. Pretty waitress would find tips under the table of those they serve, but I hardly find one. I have a boyfriend who loves me for me and I should be grateful. Maybe my inability to attract men was because I was not pretty and I lacked the charm other female had.

I signed up for work immediately my partner arrived and went to change from the smart waitress suit to my turtle-neck sweater and blue faded jeans trousers.

Walking out of the restaurant with my half of my dignity was dream come true for me. Eight thirty in the evening. It was late, though I won't have a hard time finding a taxi to take me home. Strange enough on lovers' day I received no sweet messages, no gift nor presents from my boyfriend. I need to find out what's really eating him.

A black limousine pulled up in front of me and I watched with keen interest as the male occupant in the front got down and walked with calculated steps toward me with a smile on his face. "Hello." The man said softly, eyes assessing me.

"Hi."

"Are you heading this way Miss Young?"

I froze with shock. How did he know my name? I tried to study his face in the dark to see if he was anybody I knew, but no, he didn't seem familiar.

"No." I lied. There is so much safety in not taking off with complete strangers, no matter how polished their cars looked.

"I don't think you would make it home early limping like that, after the fall at the restaurant." He sounded desperate, so he is from the restaurant.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" he grinned in the dark as I asked.

'I am Stephen Jordan and I work for Blake Presley of crystal foods.'

Oh this is news. "So what do you want?"

"My boss request I take you home Miss Young.' He said softly

I shook my head lightly, why should his 'boss' bother? Except he wanted me to have a one night stand with him, I didn't even know anything about him.

'Thanks, but no. I have someone coming to pickme." I lied.

He put his hands in his pocket and brought out a white envelop which I wavered to collect. "Miss Young, the boss wants you to have this, you must collect it."

I took it from him and he grinned before walking back slowly, as he got in the limo it pulled away. I called a taxi almost immediately feeling a little happy, even tough I couldn't place the source of my excitement. I held the white envelop to my chest like a child, trying to unravel the mystery. Whoever it was had made me the happiest woman in the world today. It felt creepy to have a stranger know my name.

Things was cozy when I got home, my elder brother was sitting with his girl in the living room, my seventeen year old younger sister was chatting with her boyfriend so I was left alone in my world. Damn. where is my boyfriend when I need him.

I limped all the way, dragging myself up the stairs. My bed was warm and welcoming and I was temped to sleep immediately, but I brought out my nokia express music and dialed Jake's cell phone number. It kept ringing but he didn't pick up. I tried to calm myself down but I failed miserably. I hoped he is not involved in any form of accident, because it is so unusual for him to ignore my calls.

Claire called me later that night as I prepared for bed. "Hi sugar, hope you made it home?" she asked.

"Yeah, I did but my ankle still hurt."

I decided not to tell her about my encounter with the mysterious creepy man. "I'm about to go to bed Claire. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, sugar. Sweet dreams." She replied and hung up.

I opened the small white envelop and pulled out a white paper. It was a letter addressed to me written in a neat and fine hand written.

Dear Miss Young. Sorry about the accident, that would have been preventable if you were fully focused. However I hope your ankle doesn't hurt as much. I would like to see you tomorrow at the address written below.

'Fully focused!' who the hell do you think you are?

I held my breath as I read the words slowly, it didn't convey much. It was signed by a man named Presley. The boss or whatever he was, wanted me to meet him at crystal foods headquarter. What for? Curiosity killed the cat and I didn't want to die, at least not now. I visit the headquarters tomorrow and meet the boss and find out whatever he wants from me.

I relaxed on my bed, closed my eyes and let nature take over trying to take my mind off the embarrassing scene at the restaurant.