Chapter Two

Author's Note : Before you begin reading the chapter, I apologise for the delay.  Truth be told I've not exactly been the most active on wattpad since the recent months. Honestly, I had even stopped reading any fanfics and was just replying to any messages or comments ( because not responding would have just been rude, not to mention a pretty dickish move ).  I had a few personal issues in the family, so I couldn't get any time to focus on wattpad.  That and college was hell too I suppose...... Honestly, I can't give a perfect promise but I'll still try to at least try to be more consistent with the chapters in the future. And I apologise to my readers as well as my friends here on wattpad.  Damn, I still remember I'm still on the Hades part on Winterwanderer's Shield Of The Waves book...... Well, I will start it back soon too, that's for sure. Still, I once again apologize for the delay and hope you enjoy the chapter. 

The Main Command Hall, Fraxinus

     There was a strange silence through the air as Shido sat down beside the Knights with Kotori and Reine right in front of him. Origami and her parents were at her side and even the generally useless Kannazuki seemed to be alert. Shido let out a sigh and spoke up and said, " As I had said before, the summoning ritual was supposed to summon a heroic spirit, that is to say a Hero from the past era. However, for reasons yet unknown, the ritual malfunctioned and caused the summoning of more than one heroic spirit. However, all of them have agreed to help us. "

        Shido's words were interrupted when Kotori slammed her hand on the table and asked angrily, " What the hell is going on Shido ?! Who are these people ? And what do you mean by Heroic Spirits ?! And how the hell did you do….. all this ?! " Shido let out a heavy sigh and spoke up and said, " Heroic Spirits, as the name suggests are the spirits of Heroes from the past. Should a human manage to gain enough fame for themselves and become well known to the world at large, their souls are placed in the Throne Of Heroes in a stasis-like state upon their deaths. Because of this, it's possible to summon the spirit and essentially resurrect them by recreating a physical body and then placing the soul inside it. It's not a true resurrection but something more along the lines of transferring soul to a new body.  Of course, it's a bit more nuanced than that, but that's the gist of it. Because of this, theoretically speaking, people like Oda Nobunaga, Uesegi Kenshin , Siegfried, Heracles or even Ashiya douman can be summoned. Of course, creating the body and then reviving it is something that requires so much energy that even if you harvested energy from several spirits, you'll still find it inadequate. Luckily, I had my bloodline powering it all. "

     Shido then took a deep breath and continued, " And to answer how I did it, that is because I'm a Magus. And as a practitioner of Magecraft, I was able to summon them here. " While the others had confused looks on their faces, Kotori and Reine were understandably shocked. After all, the rest had no idea about the existence of Magi in the past, considering that they were nearly extinct, and one of the few survivors, Elliott, one of the founders of Ratatoskr himself was one. So to find that Shido was one was certainly unexpected. 

        Their thoughts were interrupted when Daisuke spoke up in a hesitant tone, "Come now Shido. You're just messing with us, right ? There's no way magic can be real , right ? " His reactions were certainly understandable. After all, despite the craziness around him, magic still remained the stuff of legends and myths. Shido simply rolled his eyes and did something completely unexpected. He simply picked up the glass table in front of them with a single hand and flipped it like a rag doll in an instant. However, instead of shattering into pieces, the instant the table made contact, it simply turned into a large pile of red spider lilies.

      While everyone kept staring at the pile with gobsmacked expressions, Shido simply had a ' I told you so ' expression on his face. Tristan spoke with Shido telepathically and inquired, " Was it really necessary ? Wouldn't a simple fire ball or any other basic spell have sufficed ? " Shido telepathically replied by saying, " Not quite. Remember, Kotori's powers are sealed away by me due to the connection we share. That also allows me to access some of her powers and authority over flames, even though they're weaker and useless compared to my own. As such , they can't serve as valid proof. Besides, this particular spell shouldn't be quite unfamiliar to Lady Pendragon at least. "