Let's build the future that we dreamt about

Começar do início

Palak felt as if she could breathe again. The hollow in her chest had finally eased. She tried to envelope herself in his familiar warmth. 

Palak's familiar scent hit him. He pulled her even closer, trying to drown himself in it. She always smelled like vanilla...that soothed his insides. He could finally calm down...he could finally breathe.

They stayed like that...They didn't know for how long...just listening to each other's heart beats...

Slowly...they pulled back and Palak didn't even realize that she was crying until Veer wiped away the wetness from her cheeks. He took in her face...as if memorizing the lines of her face, her big doe like eyes carried stars....no one could convince him otherwise.

"I missed you..." Palak almost whispered and he enveloped her again in a hug. This time Palak was smiling...perhaps the biggest smile that she ever had. Nothing mattered than the fact that Veer was back.

"I missed you too...I missed you so much" Veer whispered slowly and this time when he pulled back, he slowly bent down and kissed her forehead. Palak couldn't help but giggle....Only she knew how much she had missed his forehead kisses these two years.

Veer pulled back and slowly held her hands, but before he could say anything, Palak placed two soft kisses on both of his cheeks. Veer froze for a moment. Palak noticed how his ears had gone all red. 

Why was he so cute! 

He tried to show as if it didn't affect him at all and he proceeded to give her a small smirk and said, "Why on the cheeks Miss Basu? My lips are starving!"

Palak could see behind all his "I am not flustered" façade and she knew exactly what to do to break it off. 

"Oh really...I thought you wouldn't be able to handle if I kissed you on the lips...You were red as a tomato with this only Mr. Kohli!" she said, mirroring his smirk.

"I- I was not red like a tomato! okay...we would see all that later when we reach home...I would see then who is all red like a tomato then!" He pouted slightly as he said and held her hands again.

Palak smiled and slowly intertwined their fingers together. 

"Achha...we will see!"

She said, earning a smile from Veer and then they both exited the airport.

-----------------------------

The nervousness inside Palak eased a bit the moment Veer held her hands. She looked at him then and found him staring back at her, giving her a look that said 'everything would work out fine'. They had just landed in Kolkata. After Veer had came back, they both had decided that it was time to inform their parents about their relationship. They decided to spent two days in Kolkata and at the same time, taking the chance inform them about their relationship. This was something that they had thought that they would do since a long time. Now finally when that day had arrived, they both were nervous as hell. 

Palak wouldn't lie to herself by saying that she had slept perfectly last night without over thinking about each of the possible responses and reaction their parents could have. On one hand she had that belief that her maa and baba loved Veer like he was their own son and would agree to it without a second thought. But what if....

Uff! Those what ifs were making her crazy!

But there was one that thought stirring inside her that by chance if...if they didn't agree and if she needed to go against them for that...she could do it, she would do it.

They came outside the airport and quickly hired a taxi. As they passed by the Howrah bridge, Palak let down the window on her side and allowed the light breeze to play with her hair. She then placed her head on Veer's shoulders and felt that Veer had pulled her closer to him and was now gently stroking her head.