"You know, you don't have to do all this." said Klaus as he vamp sped towards her from the other direction.

"You are not supposed to use your powers." said Lucy as she opened the door of her car, throwing the files in her hand carelessly on the accompanying seat and sitting inside.

"We're making rules now, amazing." smirked Klaus, leaning over the roof of the car and looking over at her through the window frame of her car.

"Stop being childish, Niklaus." sighed Lucy.

"It's Nik, not Niklaus."

"I would only call you Niklaus." she smiled at him sarcastically.

"Fine then, Lucia." he shrugged.

"Don't call me that." she gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Then you also don't call me that." he shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Stop behaving like a kid." she sighed. "Just get in the car."

"Really? Get in the car?" asked Klaus in a shocked tone, clearly not expecting such a response from her.

"Just get inside." she rolled her eyes as Klaus hopped in the car, carelessly throwing the files kept on the seat at the backseats.

"So," he said, rubbing his hands together as he looked at her suggestively "I didn't think I would be able to captivate your imagination this fast."

Lucy merely rolled her eyes at his comment as Klaus felt a change in the air and chuckled loudly.

"Did you just put a spell or something?"

"Yes. It's a silencing spell."

"Woah," he smirked, leaning towards her. "so, are we like, doing it right now and here?"

"Hey, hey, hey, hold your horses." she told him with a cheeky grin, pushing him back lightly . "Can't you be a bit serious for a second? I'm trying to make some serious conversation here. So, shut up and listen."

"Fine." he said, making an unimpressed face at her.

"So," she sighed, contemplating her words as Klaus looked at her patiently "this might come out as way too.... um... I don't know, I guess you won't even believe me, but before I begin I just want you to know that whatever I'm going to say, I know what I'm saying, and I'm saying this all after a lot of thinking, so please just hear me out once and then think whatever you wish."

"Okay." said Klaus slowly, clearly not understanding where the conversation was going.

"I thought a lot about this, about what happened last night in the forest, the whole linking deal." she said. "And I came to think of this, that 'Where do you think Esther got my blood from?'. Because without my blood she can't link me to you and your siblings. And then my mind went to that cut I got on my arm on the night of the ball at your place."

"Yes," he nodded, "you left that day without telling anyone. I thought of asking you about that, but then I thought to just leave it that way, and then things went south. Anyway, how did you get that wound?"

"Actually, I was talking to Kol after I left your house, but I was in the garden only. But then I was driving back home, and then suddenly in the middle of nowhere my car broke down. And then there was thick fog, and then I don't remember exactly what happened. I just remember that some wild animal attacked me from behind and managed to give a wound on my arm, and then I called Stefan, then Bonnie, they just dropped me home, nothing else. But the thing is that it was the only chance for Esther to get my blood. And I think she somehow tampered with my memory. Because of course a vampire can't compel a witch, but Esther is powerful, she could alter my memory."