Two

"Rhian, we're here." She just parked in the basement car park of the building. She reached for Rhian's bag to get the keys to her unit, then placed her hand on her shoulder and calmly shook her. "Lab, gising na."

When she didn't shift from her seat, she shook her again and this time, Rhian let out a soft moan but still didn't move. Another gentle shake and Rhian's eyes fluttered, turning her head sideways; pain shot across her face.

"It's okay. Shhh ... you're okay, mahal ko. You're gonna be fine," Glaiza cupped Rhian's left cheek, tracing small circles on her skin with her thumb.

Rhian gently opened her eyes and saw a pair of black orbs staring right at her. "Love," she whispered, rubbing her eyes.

"S-sige na, kailangan mo na magpahinga." Glaiza pulled her hand from her face, grabbed her purse then stepped out of the car. She went around Rhian's side and opened the door for her.

Rhian slowly went out and stood up, supporting her body against the car. Her head was still in a whirl, but her legs were now stable. Glaiza led her as they marched towards the private lift. She almost jumped when Rhian wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Dizzy," said Rhian in a soft childlike tone. Her eyes were closed as she leaned her head onto Glaiza's shoulder and put her face on her neck, tugging Glaiza towards her.

Glaiza gasped in surprise. "Mk, 'wag kang malikot!" They walked inside the lift, she pressed the PH button and waved Rhian's key card by the sensor. She suddenly felt awkward with their position upon seeing their full image through the mirrored elevator doors. Rhian was clingy all of a sudden, making her uncomfortable, but she had no choice—with Rhian's arms around her, plus her weight on her, they would lose balance if she didn't place her arm around her shoulders.

While they were inside the lift, she noticed Rhian's flushed cheeks. Was it from the effect of tequila, the warmth inside the elevator, or the fact that their bodies were pressed together? She didn't know.

When they finally reached the Penthouse floor, the elevator opened directly into a glass-walled foyer inside Rhian's unit. They walked out of the lift and wobbled their way across the security door that would lead straight to the living room.

Glaiza doubted she would have guessed the passcode but she still tried. She squinted at the digits as she punched in the code—the date they'd first met—and the red light flashed to green on the panel.

She half-dragged Rhian as they walked inside, then she kicked the door shut. Rhian narrowed her grip around her body like she had no intention of releasing her.

"L-lab, nandito na tayo." She was sweating and panting under their weight.

"No! You're not leaving me. A-ayoko"—Rhian nuzzled her face against her neck—I won't let you." She sniffed, inhaling Glaiza's warm familiar scent and the sweet stink of her sweat intermingled. "Hmm ... you smell good, love."

Glaiza's head was buzzing at being so close to her, completely enveloped in her arms. "Rhi, saglit. Nakikiliti ako." Desire flooded her thoughts as Rhian evoked temptation in her.

She reached for Rhian's hands on her side and tried to pull away from her embrace.

"Rhian, wait lang, hindi ako makahinga." She lied but Rhian didn't budge. "Saglit nga lang"—she pushed her but her grip was still, never letting go—"Ang init, nauuhaw ako," she reasoned out, pretending to be thirsty so Rhian would release her.

"Please, don't leave me. No ... please, love!" Rhian, this time, lifted her head and looked up at her.

Their eyes met, stares locked, and something surged between them when Glaiza's blazing black eyes gazed at her rich brown eyes.