96

"Cover your eyes!" You yelled, shutting them tight, bringing your arm up. Atomic, fled back below ground, returning his attention to the destruction in the city where heroes were still attempting to fight.

When you brought your arm down, falling back to the earth, Tomura was all of a foot away. His eyes bore into yours, something so menacing behind them you swore you'd only seen that look in one other person.

All for One lost his facial features, his hair, his body composition as the years went on, but a decade ago, his eyes were still there. And they looked just like that.

"All for One?"

"Not in the flesh," You shuddered. That wasn't Tomura's voice. "But in your brother's."

Fear grabbed ahold of your body, turning it stiff. Not even gravity made your stomach drop as you started to fall. Shigaraki's hand outstretched to grab ahold of you, all five fingers prepared to kill you no matter the cost. And the intention belonged solely to the man playing with Tomura's consciousness.

Aizawa looked up, tried to stop his quirk, but his line of sight was still impaired, your body in the way. He couldn't lose you though. Not now. Not after everything.

So when the villain's hand was a thread's width from your skin, the man who wished he'd spent more of his life caring for you couldn't have been more grateful to hear the rumbling of explosions.

Bakugo's gauntlets weighed heavy, the weapons eager to deliver a blow. Deku's green flecks of lightning flashed as he followed his friend, grabbing Shigaraki by the shoulders and kicking him right in Bakugo's direction.

The moment Shigaraki was far enough away from you, Deku used One for All's strength to grab you. When you descended together, he tucked your head below his chin, wrapped his arms around your torso, twisting so his back would be the one to make an impact with the ground.

Still, in the sky, Shigaraki was recovering from the whiplash, only to be met by Bakugo's eyes.

"Let's do this thing rationally," Katsuki said. The red of his fury flowed around him like an aura. Shigaraki smirked at the challenge. One for All and Atomic only just slipped out of reach. He wasn't about to let some kid who pissed him off once or twice get in the way.

Bakugo made a circle with his thumb and forefinger atop his palm, firing shot after shot at Tomura. The heat and pressure alone would've killed a hundred normal people. The colors, yellows, oranges, reds, and igniting blues burned heavy and bright.

"Cute fireworks," Tomura laughed, his regeneration not completely inhibited by Aizawa's eyes. "Sorry." The villain coughed hoarsely, pupils rolling back into his head as he struggled to keep control of his body. Bakugo stared at him, frowning as he realized it sounded like different voices were talking every time Shigaraki opened his mouth.

"You're not on my radar anymore," Shigaraki spoke with chuckling breaths, blood spilling from his mouth, open wounds from Katsuki's attack slowly healing. A sheet of white blanketed over his eyes, that smile as he set his sights on you and Deku, looking far too familiar, like that of a villain who once held a gun and took Katsuki's future away.

Once you were safe on the ground, Deku didn't waste time. Black whip emerged from his gear, grappling Shigaraki's shoulders and legs, pulling him upwards, keeping him in the air.

As long as he stays up here, the ground can't be disintegrated, and we have the upper hand. Deku thought breathlessly, struggling to keep hold, groaning at the strength Tomura suddenly beheld. The Nomu are keeping the other heroes occupied. And Atomic is busy trying to keep the earth from caving in! That doesn't leave us with enough firepower to face Shigaraki! The second erasure and atomic come undone he'll destroy everything including us! We need-