New Start

All my life I've been told to be perfect. To never settle with anything less than the best. That I'm too good for everything and everyone. That resulted to me being a bitch without any friends or even a boyfriend.

Today was finally the day I got to change that, first day of college. Today is the day I let everyone get to know the real me. The day I get a fresh new start, the day everyone start to like me. I'm going to show them that the girl that they see isn't as bitchy as she seems, that, that girl has more to show than her looks, money, and followers. Now you may be wondering, why does she have many followers but not a single friend? And my answer to that question is quite simple, people like what they see, never what they "know".

When I check the time, I see that it's already past seven, which means I must leave right now, or I'll be late. I open the front door before I hear my mom's beautifully tired voice.

"You're leaving already?"

"I have a two-hour long drive in front of me and I don't want to be late." I say, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Isn't your first lesson starting at eleven?" Mom asks confused.

"Yeah, but as I said, I don't want to be late."

"Did you eat breakfast?" Always the same goddamned question.

"I'll buy something on the way, goodbye now!" I say and rush to my car before she can say another word, I hear her sigh but ignore that and keep running to my car.

When I get inside, I check if my makeup is still alright. Can't say that I'm surprised it's perfect. I go to Spotify and pick a playlist and start to drive out of the parking lot. I stop one hour into the ride to get some food, as promised. Nothing too big but enough to keep me full for another hour or so.

When I finally arrive, I see a woman dressed in a black penn skirt, a white blouse, black high heels with her blonde hair up in a bun and a name tag that says 'Mrs. Gilbert' approach me, I look at her and give her my best smile.

"Welcome to Washington University. I'm Sarah Gilbert and I teach Psychology; can I get your name please?"

"Cassandra Collin" she looks down on her papers and then opens her mouth to speak.

"Your room is B31, just go down that hall and you'll find it." She points at the hall and then smiles at me and walks away.

When I get to my dorm room, I see two beds and pray to God that this room is mine, and only mine. I unpack my bags and take the bed closest to the window. It's already ten o'clock so I decide to go get some food. When I get back, I nearly get a heart attack.

"W-What are you doing in my room?" I ask, terrified.

"Surprise, this is my room too." The girl sitting on the bed sarcastically says.

"Attitude much?" I say.

"Bitchy much?" She answers.

I close the door and walk further into the room. I look at the girl and find myself adore her. She has brown hair, green eyes, perfectly pink lips, and pretty clothes too.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" she says and brings me out of my thoughts, she may be pretty, but her attitude isn't.

"Ha-ha" I sarcastically say and look away.

I open my mouth to ask her what her name is but hear the door open the second I open my mouth.

In comes a guy. A good-looking guy. He has brown hair, the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen, all black clothes, and a body to literally die for. I catch myself stare and look away before I drool all over the place.