𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎

𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐌𝐈 "𝐍𝐘𝐍𝐘" 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐀•••

𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐌𝐈 "𝐍𝐘𝐍𝐘" 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐀
•••

"Carter, you could do so much better," my English teacher, Mr. Evans shook his head as he returned my grades paper face down on the desk. Truthfully, I was scared to even flip it over.

What if he was just messing with my head? I spent all night writing and researching that paper, so failing wasn't something I wanted to hear about.

I opened my phone and the time read 11:57 A.M. There was a note being passed around the classroom by students as they discussed their scores, I hope it passes me.

I tapped my foot and played with my fingers as I wanted for the bell to ring. I thought positive things like how I'm sitting in my dream college. I had dreamt of going to Spellman University, and here I was.

I wish I could stay in a dorm room though; Although I was grateful to be here on a scholarship. A full ride at that, but it did upset me that I couldn't afford housing. I was looking forward to making a great friend and learning how to live with them.

It was only the third week of school and I still hadn't made a single friend. The problem is, I'm not introverted at all I'm extremely extroverted, but I haven't come across anyone worth holding a conversation with.

The bell rang, so I packed my belongings until I caught a quick glimpse of my grade, it read a 64.

I quickly crumbled it and placed it in my bag as I walked out quickly.

I sighed in relief my I picked morning classes and only had to take them until noon. In all honesty, that grade ruined my morning.

•••

"Nyomi, you've passed everything with everything above a ninety, but you're beating yourself over one bad grade? Stop it," my mother scolded me through the phone. "Everyone including me is rooting for you back at home, yous' the first Carter to go to college. Make us proud."

"Okay, mama,"'I said before she hung up.

I'm here to make my mom proud, and me of course.

Today was the day I was going to go out and make some friends. I wasn't quite sure where though.

I sat on a bench outside and opened Instagram to pass some time.

gabrinicole

Liked by 1,046gabrinicole don't look at the caption, look at me 😡nyomiraee_ my sister pressureee, dpwh 😍     > gabrinicole @nyomiraee us forever

Liked by 1,046
gabrinicole don't look at the caption, look at me 😡
nyomiraee_ my sister pressureee, dpwh 😍
> gabrinicole @nyomiraee us forever.

I was missing my little sister like crazy, she's in her senior year of high school, and I hope she comes here for college. I was tired of being lonely, going to school, work then back home only to do homework.

I continued scrolling on Instagram before I came with a break through.

"I'm gonna make some friends today," I announced as I got up from my seat and started walking to the school cafeteria.

•••

something small to get the story going, it's boring so far but i like it lol. excuse any mistakes.