C H A P T E R 7

I woke from my coma 13 hours later, it was super early morning, pitch black outside. My mouth was so dry it felt like it was stuffed with cotton and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I tried to swallow a couple of times before rolling out of bed, wobbly on my feet as I stalked down the hallway to the kitchen. I turn on the faucet and let it run cool, before sticking my face under it, gulping until I feel it cooling down my throat and sloshing around in my stomach.

The fridge light nearly blinded me, I grabbed a juicebox and shuffled back to my room, trying to punch the straw into the top in the dark.

I inhaled the whole juicebox before I jumped back into my bed, snuggling into the warm den I had left, reaching over the side of my bed, pulling my phone from my jacket pocket, i had only a few messages from Kilana;

'Phoe puked again... we're literally out the front of my place'

'Phoe will survive... i think'

'Got home safe... sweet dreams and happy unicorn riding xoxo'

I smile, replying; 'glad you're both okay, talk soon or whenever xx' I slide my phone down the side of my bed, hearing it hit the food with a 'thud'

My eyes stung like crazy... I pulled at my sheets, tucking them up over my jaw, taking a deep breath, my bed smells stale...

---

Dad softy knocked on my door the next morning, just to let me know he was leaving;

"Please try and put something that isn't pajamas on today dear, i'm getting sick of not doing laundry"

"Got it" I stretched, sitting up and pulling my blinds open, it was sunny out, and hopefully not noon. I heard my dad's heavy footsteps as he walked down the hall and then out of the house, the rustle of keys locking the door. His car starts and then it disappears into the whitenoise of the neighbourhood.

I sat in bed for a moment, letting myself stare into space. It was weird, like I was in a different dimension... everything just seemed- a little bit off. I'm starting to think that's what sitting in your room for 2 days straight might do... 'yes, that's my issue'

I got up, ripping off my sheets to throw in the wash while I had a shower. I didn't really need one, I honestly think I just needed to wake up.

I was squeaky clean now, with my hair tied up, and actual clothes on. I leant over the sink in the kitchen, taking fat bites of my toast and scrolling through my phone; K had put some picture up, one of me and Phoebe posing next to Mikey in the kitchen, and another of her and Phoebe dancing, i took that one... it was blurry. Without realising, I was scanning her pictures for any sign of him, like I was looking for bigfoot. Alas... he wasn't in any.

I sighed, chucking the last bit of my toast into my mouth and sliding my phone into the pocket of my track pants. It didn't seem like it would be hard to 'track him down' so-to-speak, but I was stalling... just at least until i figure out how to deal with the potential meeting with Parker.

I drop myself into the couch, resting my head on one of the cushions and letting my feet dangle off the end. I began creating a mental whiteboard, projected onto my ceiling so I could put my thoughts in order.

'What i know' is the first column;

- His name is Parker... the only other Parker I know is a couple of grades lower and isn't a redhead...so definitely a stranger.

- He's definitely older, he smokes cigarettes

- Has a sense of humor

- Is very tall

- Admitedly, he was very attractive... which kinda makes it worse...

What i don't know;

- Where the fuck he is (dissapeared without a trace)

- No last name

- No knowledge of his past (potential serial killer?)

- If he is actually real

I felt my neck become prickly and I took a few deliberate breaths before staring at the ceiling fan spin around; He seemed really genuine, but it might've just seemed that way because I was drunk...

'arghh'

I felt my phone buzz at my side before i could continue my mind-map; i pull it from my pocket and watch the screen flash a message from Kilana;

'Awake yet? Need to talk, figure out our plan to find your one true love?'

I rolled my eyes dramatically, and continued to watch the three little dots continue to float on her end;

'Hello?'

I can see you reading my messages

'don't reply if you love me'

I roll onto my side, beginning to type;

'Not my one true love, just a guy'

I wait a moment;

'You and Phoe okay?'

Kilana didn't answer straight away, and I stared at the screen waiting patiently for a reply

'So you don't love me?' she eventually flung out

I half-smile; 'I DO LOVE YOU'

She replies immediately;

'Meet up at Moose's? My shout?'

'You used to work there, it doesn't count when you know everyone'

'Be there at 1'

I sigh, sitting and running to my room to find some socks.