Chapter 25

"Since when did you get so heavy?"

Yeji glared as her cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"Shut up!" She yelled and smacked her hand on Ryujin's head. The younger girl winced and moved her head away.

"Hey!" She said in-between chuckles.

"If you keep hitting me I'll end up dropping you." Ryujin warned and Yeji stayed still. "It was your idea to give me a piggy back ride." The brunette mumbled with narrowed eyes.

As their destination approached them, Ryujin lowered Yeji to the ground and turned around with a smile.

"I shall take your leave now." She said playfully and bowed.

Yeji pouted and held onto Ryujin's hand. The captain brought their hands up and kissed Yeji's gently. "I promise I'll call and text you everyday." She said and Yeji's pout slightly lessened.

"Do you really have to go to this?" Yeji asked, sulking over the fact that Ryujin would be away for the rest of the week.

Ryujin snickered and brought Yeji close to her. "It's a tournament, Yeji. And as team captain I have to go." She reasoned and gave the brunette a brief kiss on the lips before reaching down to grab her bag.

"But I'll miss you." Yeji forgot about her surroundings and whined, tugging at Ryujin's arm. Ryujin's cheeks reddened and she stammered over her words. "I-Yeji, I have to." She said, although it was not very convincing since she herself was considering to just forget about the tournament as well.

The older girl sighed and nodded, knowing that whatever she does wouldn't change the result. "Fine, but make sure you eat all your meals and drink lots of water. Don't tire yourself out and go to sleep on time. You need to make sure you have at least eight hours of sleep, I remember one time I only had three hours and I was like a zombie-"

"Yeji, I'll be fine." Ryujin interrupted her girlfriend and reassured her. She leaned down for a deep kiss, effectively leaving Yeji silent for a moment.

"I'll miss you." Ryujin whispered into her ear and kissed her cheek before finally leaning away.

"I'll miss you too." Yeji said and waved Ryujin goodbye as she got onto the bus.

The brunette looked around and noticed some of the other couples that were saying farewell to each other. She grimaced at how lovey dovey they looked. Which led her to think if her and Ryujin were like that.

She shook her head. "Nah, Ryujin and I aren't the clingy kind of couple." She said to herself and turned around only to come face to face with Choi Jisu.

The brunette squeaked and immediately backed up.

But instead of a scowl, the head cheerleader had sort of a smile on her face. Yeji could barely recognize it, but it was there.

"Hey, Yeji. Saying goodbye to Ryujin?" Jisu asked and Yeji gulped. She nodded stiffly and kept her gaze on the ground.

The blonde sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you. So stop acting like a frightened chicken all the time." She said.

Yeji looked up and loosened up her stance, but still keeping a little wary.

"Aren't you going as well?" She asked. Jisu nodded. "I was just waiting for Joy and Yeri to arrive. Those idiots are always late." The blonde crossed her arms.

Yeji chuckled awkwardly and looked over Jisu's shoulder in hopes of spotting her minions. Every second she spent with the head cheerleader felt uncomfortable, especially with how calm she was at the moment.