Chapter 11

"Yeji Unnie!" Yuna barged into her sister's room and jumped onto her bed, trampling the body underneath the covers. "Ugh, Yuna I'm up, I'm up." Yeji said throwing the covers off of her and rolling away from Yuna.

Her younger sister smiled brightly at her. "Rise and Shine!" She exclaimed and Yeji groaned. "Why must you be so energetic in the morning?" She asked and sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Becauseeee-" Yuna responded, stretching out the word as she crouched down facing Yeji. 

"Ryujin's here!" Yeji opened her mouth in shock. "What?!" She whisper shouted. Yuna nodded her head excitedly, not catching onto the disbelief in Yeji's voice. "See you at breakfast." Yuna said and hopped off of the bed, running out of the room.

Yeji scrambled out of bed and checked her phone, seeing text messages. All from Ryujin.

"Hey, is it alright if I can catch a ride to school with you today? No bike as promised :)"

"I'll take your silence as a yes. See you soon." 

-Ryujin 💓

Yes, her contact name for her was pretty embarrassing, but in Yeji's case, no one would see it besides her, so what was the big deal?

The brunette rushed to the bathroom quickly and turned on the shower, deciding that she would have to brush her teeth in there too, to save time.

Running downstairs, she ran her hairbrush through her hair one more time and stuffed it in her bag before coming into the kitchen, seeing Ryujin seated on the kitchen table, eating toast.

"Uh, I don't think I can eat anymore Miss Chaerin." Ryujin said patting her stomach. "Oh nonsense, you're so slim, you've gotta eat some more if you want to run on that court." Yeji's mom placed a waffle on her plate and smiled.

Yeji cleared her throat, making herself known. "Sorry mom, but we've gotta get to school." She said, looking at Ryujin with an amused look. Ryujin mouthed a thank you, and sprung up from her seat. "Bye Yuna, bye Miss Chaerin, your cooking is phenomenal by the way." She complimented and headed out the door with Yeji.

"God, if your mom made me eat another thing I swear my stomach would have burst." Ryujin said looking down at her tummy. Yeji chuckled. "Well, you're welcome then." She said. The two headed down the driveway, and began their walk to school.

"You didn't need to walk me to school today, you know." Yeji said, looking over at Ryujin. The taller girl shrugged and smile shyly. "Well, I am courting you, so I'm giving you a sneak peak of what's soon to come." Ryujin walked on, leaving Yeji to wonder how she can come with something even more charming than the last time.

"How's your cut?" Yeji asked, taking notice of the bandaid that was right above her eyebrows. Ryujin shrugged nonchalantly. "It's no big deal, I'm a basketball player so I'm used to taking hits." Yeji pressed her finger on it without warning and watched with amusement as Ryujin winced. "Hey!" She hissed out in pain. 

The brunette rose her eyebrows teasingly. "I thought you were used to taking hits, so what's the matter, couldn't take that one?" She commented. Ryujin huffed and smiled slightly, before turning her face into a glare. "You're so gonna pay for that." She said and took on after Yeji, who began to run down the walkway, not wanting to get caught.

"Get back here!"

Entering the school, Yeji suddenly felt all eyes on her as she walked through the doors with Ryujin. The younger girl seemed not to notice anything as she continued on walking to her locker. "Yeji, come on." Ryujin said to the suddenly slow Yeji.