Chapter 76 • Birds And The Bees

Start from the beginning

"Aren't all kids?"

I hum in reply, "So h-how's JJ? Did everything go okay?"

"She's fine and resting now. Rosie gave her a sponge bath and she has fresh linens."

"That must feel nice."

"Yes, but I need to tell you something. We discovered the beginning of bed sores on her left side, specifically her hip and knee and the side of her back due to her lying there for long periods of time."

"What? Bed sores?"

"Small ones, but sores nonetheless. We've caught them in time and we've put her on a special air mattress that will reduce the severity of those sores."

"Okay, I guess that's good. Can you do anything for the ones she has now?"

"We've dressed and covered the sores, but she said she was still uncomfortable, so Dr. Tate has ordered for a low dose of pain relievers to make her more comfortable."

"My God, she's going through so much. I can't- I just feel so bad for her."

"I know. Believe me, we're doing everything in our power to help your wife and of course the fetuses."

"And I truly can't thank you enough. You're even helping me which I truly appreciate."

"JJ's our patient and we treat the patients' family like our family," he says, slowing us down to a stop. "We're at the room now." He moves in front of me and with my hand on his elbow, he guides me into the room. "Knock knock, Mrs. Styles. I've brought your husband back."

"Oh thank you, Spencer. Hiiii, baby. C'mere."

Her slurred word and lethargic tone make me grin and I realize it's a mix of it being so early in the morning and the pain relievers and medications she's on.

"Hi, love."

"Here's the chair by the bed," Spencer says, guiding my hand to the chair. "I'll put your coffee on the tray table to your left."

"Thanks, Spencer." The squeaky sound of his shoes on the floor lets me know he's walking out of the room and I turn my full attention to JJ. "Hey, love. How are you?"

"Mmm, I feel fresher now, thanks to being wiped down, but it was embarrassing. They had to call another nurse to help me up. And then when they changed my gown, I know they saw my hairy armpits and legs."

"I'm sure yours isn't the worst case they've encountered. It's fine, love. You can't bend to reach your legs anyways because of your babies bump, and there's really no need to shave now anyways. What's more important is that we keep things easy for you. Plus I really don't mind it. If you're comfortable, then I'm happy."

She lets out a high-pitched whine, "You're so good to me, Harry. I look like fucking Sasquatch and you don't even mind. And you've forgiven me about the- well, never mind that. I don't want to open that can of worms now. But I just wanted you to know you're the perfect husband and I love you very much."

While she sobs, I feel around for the bed and my knuckle knocks into the metal handrail. I ignore the slight pain and search for JJ's hand. My fingers brush over her soft, warm skin and I fit my hand in hers. I stand up, careful of not pulling any wires or moving any machines and I feel for her shoulder.

Her hand grasps my shirt and guides me to lean over and we embrace each other in a hug. While I soothe her shoulder, she sniffs loudly in my ear and I peck her cheek.

"Feel better? Can I get your water for you?"

"I can reach it, but thank you," she says and I use the bed railing to help me sit back down. The sound of her sipping on her water makes me smile because I know it's good for her and our babies. "Ahh. That is quite refreshing."

"Really?"

"No, but I'm being positive," she says, making me laugh. "Anything for these babies, and I'm in a good mood because it's almost time for breakfast and my blood sugar wasn't as high as last time."

"That's wonderful, JJ. I'm so proud of you for doing what you're doing now and for what you're going through, for our babies, I'm just in complete awe and, it's like my love has grown even more for you. I don't know if that's right or not, but it's how I'm feeling right now."

"It's perfect, Harry. Thank you. I needed to hear that. I love you so much. Gimme your hand."

I stretch out my arm and she guides my hand to what I immediately recognize is her warm belly. Her hand covers mine as we share this special moment together and a knock at the door interrupts us.

"Breakfast time. Who's hungry?"

"Oo me," JJ happily replies and I carefully sit back in the chair.

"Here ya are, love. Enjoy," the nurse says.

"Thank you," JJ says and I hear the footsteps of the nurse walk away. "This actually looks good. I've got some eggs, a stamp of ham and some beans. Would you like some?"

"No, love. You need to eat."***

A/N: Hello, friends 🤗

If you'd like Harry to give you the "Birds and the Bees" talk, press the star ⭐️ 😂

Much Love.
❤️❤️❤️❤️