Chapter 61 • So Much More

A/N: Body image is mentioned in this chapter. Don't forget that Harry and I think you're beautiful, and you don't even have to smile at the ground! 😉 I had to mention WMYB for 1D's 11th anniversary coming up.

"Well, that's it. All of our suitcases are packed to the brim," I say, pulling the zipper around the corner to zip my suitcase closed.

"Told you we could do it," he smugly says. "And whatever we come to realize that we've forgotten, we can come back for. Easy steps. Right, love?"

"Mhm," I hum in agreement, sighing out a breath. While Harry stretches his legs over the bed as if he's done for the night, I look around our bedroom and it already feels different since our personal items aren't where they should be and our clothes from the dressers and closet aren't in there. "Wow."

"What, love?"

"Oh nothing. M'just getting used to this new phase of our life."

"An exciting new phase, right?" he kindly urges.

"Yeah, m'just tired. I mean I am completely exhausted. Like I can't even hold my eyelids open by myself."

"Yeah? Do you want to go to bed now? What time is it? I only ask because my phone is charging."

I reach over to my nightstand for my phone and I tap the screen, "Oh my God, it's only half past eight."

"Well we had a lot to pack. It was a busy evening. How about we get ready for bed? Get a good night's sleep for tomorrow."

"Alright. Will you help me move these suitcases off the bed? Unless you want to sleep on them."

"Nah, I don't think that would be very comfortable," he adds to the joke, pushing his sunnies further up his nose before scooting off the bed with me.

I tug on the side handle and it doesn't budge from the bed, "Shit, this is heavy."

"Then don't pick it up, JJ. I'll get it."

"I know, I know. I can't lift heavy items from now on."

"That's right because it's not good for our babies."

With my hand smoothing over my pregnant belly, I watch my husband slide the suitcases off the bed one by one and I realize the reason why he chose the words he said. He knows I prefer to do things on my own. He knows I don't like to ask others for help. But he knows our twins depend on me now and that lets me know he'll be a wonderful father.

A sweeping motion on the bed brings me out of my thoughts and Harry stands back up. "Did I get all of them?"

"Yes, and thank you."

"You're welcome, love. Now would you mind helping me scoot these over to the wall? I'd hate for either of us to trip in the middle of the night."

"Ah yes, on one of my many midnight toilet trips."

"Exactly," he smirks in my direction. "Gotta keep my wife and babies safe, so you can move the ones with the wheels. It'll be easier."

His sweet words make my heart sting in the most beautiful way and I feel my emotions overwhelm me. My vision of Harry picking up two suitcases with both hands becomes blurry and I let out a sob. As I close my eyes, the deep thud of the suitcases landing on the floor startles me and he says my name.

"What's wrong? Did you try to pick one up?"

I shake my head, swallowing harshly, "No, I didn't."

"Where are you? Help me."

I open my eyes to see him stretching out his hand for me and I take the few steps over to him. Our hands brush against each other and as I wrap my arms around his shoulders, he pulls me close to him in a tight embrace.