4

Things were perfect with Derek... until they weren't.

We are in the lobby of Seattle Grace Hospital, he helps me put my coat on before facing the door. His smile drops, I watch his face turn cold, he turns back to me "Meredith I am so sorry". He faces the door again, I follow his eyeline. Oh. My. God. My mouth drops open. Addison. My ex girlfriend, we dated for a while back when I was in New York before travelling around Europe. I had always had a thing for older women, she was my everything. We decided to break up because we both had different ideas on our future, it was an amicable split. I close my mouth and inhale sharply as she walks closer to us.

"Addison what are you doing here" Derek spits out harshly, I wince slightly at his words. "Well you'd know if you bothered to return any one of my phone calls" she replies smugly. "Addison what the fuck is going on" I say, "oh my god Meredith it's been years! How's your mom" she says in return. Shit no one knows about my mom but she's going to know i'm lying, "The Ellis Grey is the same as she always is, miserable" I chuckle and she follows. Our eyes lock and we just stand there staring at each other, god I still love this woman.

"You two know each other" oh Derek, I forgot he was there. "Yeah how do you two know each other" I ask him with a raised eyebrow, I can feel Addison's eyes watching me. "Addison is my uh w" "wife, I'm his wife Meredith" Addison cuts him off. Oh shit. I start laughing earning two very confused looks. "I'm sorry but this is just fantastic, my boyfriend is married to my ex girlfriend" I laugh harder. Derek looks at me and then at Addison, "you both like women". I stop laughing, Addison and I exchange a look and then both nod at him. "Derek I came back for a divorce sign the damn papers" She hands him papers which he accepts.

"Derek we're over. You're an ass, you lied to me. Get your crap out of my house by tonight. Addison I need a drink come on" I place my hand out, which she takes and all I can feel is sparks. We walk hand in hand to the bar. "I'm buying tonight no arguments" I say sternly. She nods and we both sit at the bar "Joe can I get two shots of tequila and a martini please" he nods. I turn to her "so you got married" I say, "I got married, I should've gotten a divorce years ago. We don't love each other really we both just didn't want to end up alone. I cheated on him with his best friend and he came out here" "and he met me, I'm so sorry Addison" I take her hand and kiss it gently.

"You know I never stopped loving you, we were Meredith and Addison, you are my everything and you always will be" I say looking at her eyes. "I never stopped loving you either". We lean in and seal our lips together, and it's like nothing had changed. Her lips still taste like marshmallows from her lipstick and her perfume is still brown sugar. We pull away because we both need air, we drink our drinks. "Let's go home" I say, I give Joe the money for our drinks and walk her to my car and drive her to my house. Derek's stuff is gone thankfully, I give her some pyjamas and we climb in bed together. "I love you" she whispers, "I love you too" I whisper back and kiss her forehead.

"And that kids is how me and your mom got together again". I smile at my 3 beautiful children and my wife, Addison and Derek got a divorce and we are all friends.

Addison and I got married 3 years after she came to Seattle and we welcomed our triplets 2 years after that, they're 16 now and are the most beautiful children you will ever meet. Jasmine, Emily and Isabella our beautiful red haired and blue eyed daughters. We are all lying in Addison and I's queen sized bed, telling them stories of us before they were born. The girls have fallen asleep in between us. I look into my wife's eyes, my hand brushes her cheek and she kisses it lightly. "I love you" I whisper, "I love you too"