Wish

Author’s POV

Joon’s world suddenly stopped. He can’t hear anything but his own heart heavily pounding inside him. His knees unconsciously dropped on the floor as tears stream down his face.

“This is another nightmare right?”

“Joon.” Massie ran to where the other is.

“Please tell me it’s not true.”

“I’m sorry.” Tears also started to cloud her eyes.

The house was filled with rough weeping from a sick man. No one can stop him now, not even a hug from Massie can ease the pain he’s feeling. The more the other apologized, the more it kills him for it strengthens the fact that this horrible thing is really happening.

“W-what did I do wrong? P-please tell me so I can correct everything.” Joon pleaded

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry if I have to do this but Chan's my love.”

Chan stood not far away at the back, wearing his smile of victory. He was shocked when they saw Joon was listening to them but he thought that it’s better for him to know immediately. At least, it won’t be hard for Massie to tell him. Chan was very satisfied because everything went according to his plans.

“It’s best for everyone of us. If I stay here, we both can’t be happy so we better do this as early as possible.”

“P-please stop. S-stop doing this hon. You’ll regain your memories soon and everything’s going to be fine.”

“You really deserved someone better. I’m not worthy of your love. You’re too good for me.”

“N-no! No one else deserves my love. Please, I’m begging you.”

Massie can’t look at the other. She felt really bad about him but she doesn’t have any choice. She stood up from the floor but when she took a step away, Joon hugged her waist to stop her.

“P-please don’t rush things. L-let me take more time to understand.”

“But-“

“I’m begging you! I’ll only ask for a short period. Please.” Joon pleaded with sobs of fear between his words.

Massie looked at Chan who’s just watching them the whole time. Her eyes were asking to give the other what he’s wishing for. Chan stared blankly at her then mouthed let’s talk about that first.

“Joon, let’s talk about that. Get up first.” Massie assisted the other.

Joon was still trembling as he tried to get up from his position. His legs grew so much weaker that he can’t even manage to walk by himself. As Massie supported him, she could feel the high temperature of him a while ago turned very low. She can feel the coldness of sweat and tears on the other. They carefully walked down the stairs and to the living room. Joon sat on the single couch while Massie knelt beside him and Chan stood not too far in front of him.

“Please give me more time. Just a week or two will do.” Joon asked with shaking voice.

“Then after that given time, you have to sign these papers.” Chan strongly proposed.

After a few moments, tears started to drop again from Joon's tired eyes as he nodded slowly. Massie held his hands tightly, trying to at least ease his pain.

“Please let her stay here with me while waiting for that day to come. I just want to feel alive.”

“Then we’ll see each other again by the end of this month.”

With that, Chan placed the envelope containing the divorce papers on the table and left the house.