Chapter 2: She Was Casted Aside

Mulai dari awal

Only tears and the occasional whimper would ever come out of her. As she lifts her body up, she reaches the point of no return. Her entire upper body was now dangling over the bathtub; it was tall — constructed to fit a mother and father bathing alongside their baby.

She didn't take into consideration that the dead weight of her body would suddenly start to fall if most of it were to tip over the ledge. She couldn't even control herself because all the feeling in her body had long been gone.

One, fatal mistake had cost her her whole plan. She pulls herself up, and she falls over against the cold, hard floor — more notably against the numerous fragments of shattered glass.

The sudden, sharp pain she feels as the serrated objects pierce her back causes her eyes to widen in reaction, as if there was even life inside of her in the first place. The shards of glass have already lacerated multiple layers of skin, leaving deep, mangled wounds on her back.

The pain, once again, manages to push her voice over the edge; she yells as the excruciating pain coming from the glass mutilating her once unblemished skin is only being further amplified by the self-inflicted gashes on her wrist.

Her resounding voice pushes the man outside to act. Abruptly, the banging stops, as he is forced to finally open the door through any means necessary. A loud blaring is heard outside— the noise rivalling the sound of an explosion— and, with that, the door busts wide open. The door itself gets blown away, and the man stands before the dying girl.

Before anything else, the primary factor she notices initially is the expression on his face: he's mortally disgusted, as if he was going to throw up at the mere sight. He stares at her with a gaze of mixed emotions of fear, sorrow, rage and a revolting feeling of relief; that condescending leer of repugnance fills her with the one thing she didn't want anybody to remember, and that's the guilt.

Her vision goes blurry, and the numbness returns to her. After the fraction of a second he uses to react, he is quick to aid the moribund woman. He first elevates her head with one arm, and carries her from below her hips in the other. He rushes outside into the disheveled living room, and carefully drops her on the couch.

He sees the scrapes and tears the shattered glass had left on her back. With a deep breath, he feigns courage and begins pulling out a few of the fragments that had been left inside, causing her to begin sobbing from the pain. He's always been level headed in dire situations, but seeing her in this state of near-death begins disrupting his thought process.

He knows, however, that this isn't the time to get cold feet. As painlessly, and with the least amount of blood as he is capable, he finishes plucking out the sharp blades piercing her skin, all the while trying to prevent himself from messing up himself at the somber sounds of her cries and whimpers from the pain and agony.

He remembers to apply pressure to deep wounds, and that's what he does — pressing both of his now-bloodied palms on her most intense wound. He haphazardly scans the dark, begrimed room around him in an attempt to find something that can help him. It is then that he remembers seeing a medicine cabinet inside of the bathroom that he could use to administer first aid; however, he needs to leave her alone for a minute before he can come back, and he can't afford for her to bleed out as he's gone.

Quickly thinking, he takes a pillow from the couch and presses it against a patch of her lesions. It's then he instructs her:

"Don't move, okay? I'll be just a second."

She doesn't know what to say. In reality, she knows that she's thankful that someone cared enough for them to check up on her; on the other hand, she's remorseful that it wasn't who she expected it to be.

Shivering, she attempts to mutter.
"Th...Th-Thank-"

She couldn't even muster the strength to utter a single phrase | all she could do is look back at him with weak, colorless eyes. He scoffs in response, most likely having numerous, perturbing thoughts running through his mind at the moment himself.

"Don't talk." is what he responds with in the moment.

She obeys him, softly tearing up, face down into the cushions.

He's trembling as well.

He gets one, last, regretful word in.
"I can't believe it.

Does anybody know you've been doing this to yourself?

Does HE even know you've been doing this to yourself?!

I honestly don't believe him— I can't believe him...!

Stupid... fucking Deku."

He mocks his friend, cursing in disbelief one more time before practically hurling himself off the couch to retrieve the medicine from the bathroom. From where she's laying down, bleeding severely, she laments on the memory of when everybody she knew had the news broken to them.

It was mortifyingly degrading. It has been, and still is, the absolute worst moments of her life. It was already difficult enough to have lost everything she had loved and known, but now, all of her friends and family had to undergo the pain she had experienced.

She regresses those memories.

The day her relations and connections were all altered

Never to be the same for as long she remains

On that day three months ago...