Chapter 7

Mid November the griffindor quidditch team was getting ready for there game against ravenclaw then leading onto the final games. With James potter as quidditch captain everyone was extremely tired. He had them all practicing since four in the afternoon and it ended at six. The one thing James hated this school year was that he had astronomy. He loved being able to spend time with Delilah and her cousin which he didn't find out till a couple classes into the year.

He only hated those stairs yet the only things giving him motivation to go was Delilah and the fact he was sure Mcgonall would letter his mother to scold him on not going to class. Delilah actually learned to love astronomy find comfort in the stars she was studying.After Delilah got out of the shower she went down to the common room to see Peter sitting on the floor by the fire place with charms books around him.

"Hey Pete" Delilah said laying stomach down on the couch beside him. "Hey Lilah. By any chance did you finish your charms paper" he asked shyly. Delilah nodded before getting her bag in her dorm and running back down to Peter who was now also accompanied by Alice.

"Hey dolly" Alice smiled. Back in second year Logan stole Alice's nickname for Delilah being doll so she changed it to dolly just to rub it in Logan's face that she had Delilah first. "Hello ms longbottom. Pete the paper" Delilah smirked while Peter chuckled as Alice turned a crimson red.  "That name suits you Alice" Peter smiled with Delilah as she turned a deeper shade of red.

"I hate you both" Alice chucked sitting next to Delilah on the couch besides Peter. "You love us" Delilah smirked getting hit with a pillow by Alice. "So does frank" Peter said unfazed as Delilah bursted out laughing. "Peter you need to stop hanging out with Delilah" Alice sighed with a deeper shade of red on her face. "Never" Peter laughed with her. They stayed talking about anything and everything that was going on in there lives.

Delilah started the topic in how she wish she had gotten another class than astronomy. "I wish I had gotten muggle studies or something extra like that" Delilah whined taking out her astronomy paper she ironically forgotten to do. "Id prefer astronomy over muggle studies any day" Peter said putting his paper away. He wasn't one to procrastinate unlike Delilah who procrastinated everything unless it was an in the moment thing. But if someone where to tell her to do it later, she would do it on the way there.

Hours later Delilah and James sad together wrapped in a blanket as Professor greenwood explained her lesson. "Alrighty then here's one question. What happens when two stars merge together" she asked yet everyone stayed quiet ether being to sleepy to answer or not caring enough. " there like two worlds apart for them to merge but eventually they do which creates a red super nova and create on star" Delilah said with her head leaning against the wall of the tower leaving James in shock on how she knew the answer.

"That's correct Delilah ten points to griffindor" Professor greenwood smirked. Now everyone's interest pecked knowing they could win house points. The lesson went one another twenty minutes before the Professor dismissed everyone. "Dede you good here or are you going down" she asked Delilah who now had the blanket draped over her shoulders standing over the railing. "I think I'll stay up here a little while longer" she smiled as Kenna wrote her a slip to be able to stay there and made her way out of the tower.

"What are you still doing up here" James asked standing next to Delilah who was admiring the sky's. While James admired Delilah. "Just thinking" she muttered never looking way from the stars above them. "About what" asked james again presidtant to get her to talk about her feeling. A trait he got from his mother of course. "My mum I miss her a lot more these days" she sighed.

"Mind if I ask what she's like. I never personally meet her but from what Sirius regulus and Clair say she wonderful" James asked putting his  blanket that they where using during class around her before she had the chance to protest about now having two blanket but was still shaking from the cold. "She was. Every year during this time when it started to get colder and right after thanksgiving, yule decorations where instantly put up. She would always help the house elf's put them up and payed them extra during the holidays" she smiled at the memories of her mother. "Hot chocolate was a staple drink in my house" Delilah chucked. "She sounds amazing" James said in a lower tone.

The only thing James could think about how he one day wanted that. Preferably with Delilah.

"I remember the last time we where up here talking about her. Not a pretty picture" Delilah chuckled. Always using humor to cover her pain while James cringed at the memories of Delilah wanting to end her life.

"You saved me James. In those thirty days you saved my life something Sirius couldn't even do. You showed me that there was a point in still living even without her. So thank you James for showing me everything I couldn't see" she said finally turning her attention to the boy standing next to her.

"You never need to thank me. I don't think I could ever live in a world without Delilah Inez Montgomery. It would be a very unhappy world, to many people love you for you to do something like that. I love you too much for you to do that" James said not realizing he said those three little words to Delilah. And meant every word he said. Delilah only wrapped her arms around the taller boys neck with her head resting on his shoulder while James wrapped his arms around her waist. The smell of lavender shampoo invading his smell. 

There was always a fine line between the two. Always more than friends but less than lovers. Like stars that where two worlds apart eventually meeting in the middle turning into one.

"I will always care about you James potter I love you too" she whispered meaning every word she said.