Chapter 6

A birthday to remember. That's exactly what Delilah and Sirius got. Now Delilah sat at the astronomy tower with a cigarette in hand as her makeup ran down her face. No one would have expected for Delilah and Sirius seventeenth birthday to end like this. But the chaos all started the second the group got back from hogdmed and there mini party got crashed by a certain family member.

"Thought you could celebrate you birthday without me"

"Allison what the hell are you doing here" Landon snapped at his sister.

"Celebrating my sisters birthday obviously" Allison rolled her eyes and she set down her present and walked over to Delilah who was sandwiched between the black brother and Clair.

"Mum would love this wouldn't she" Allison spat at Delilah who looked ready to kill her sister and would have if James didn't wrap an arm around her from behind.

"Allison let's go we can all smell the fire whiskey on you. There's no point in making a scene" Landon whispered grabbing Allison's arm. She wiggled out of his grasp and was inches away from Delilah drunk and not thinking clearly.

"Poor little Delilah already with tears in her eyes surrounded by big strong boys and Monet to save you. Tell me how does if feel to be worshipped like a god"

"Allison your drunk just go" Delilah said taking a breath and stepping back away from her sister.

"Why should I. It's not like mummy's going to come and stop us" Allison spat as gasps left everyone's mouths. Delilah didn't even think twice before she slapped Allison without hesitation earning and oh shit from Marlene.

"Never speak of my mother to me again Allison" Delilah spat back in her face not backing down.

"I apologized to you countless times Dede why can't you just fucking accept it Merlin's Christ"

"Because you can't turn back time Allison, everyone in this room knows what you did now it's your choice to act like the dumb arsen that you are and beg or, play the innocent victim which in both cases you're in the wrong" Delilah said scarily calm with tears running down her face.

"Of course I'm wrong I'm always wrong unlike her who in reality can't do no harm but thank you for reminding how much of a shitting sister I am and how your lovely Clair is perfect"

"This is your own doing you made the choice"

"Ok sorry to cut in right now but what choice" Alice asked abruptly.

"Your very innocent Delilah year did get the last word in to our dead mummy before she passed" Allison intoxicatingly laughed. Delilah almost lunged at her sister if it weren't for Sirius and regulus.

"If you're going to tell the story tell if right. Tell them what happened that night tell them" Delilah shouted her make up running down her face. Until now is when Allison stared crying.

"I apologize to you-"

"You didn't tell me my mother died Allison. I got to the hospital and she was dead being taken to the morgue with a sheet over her. I NEVER GOT TO SAY GOODBYE you denied me that allison you fucking selfish and only ever think about yourself. You selfish bitch" Delilah yelled leaving everyone in shock.

Now the secret was out. Why Delilah went into such a bad depression worse that her father and brothers. While the Montgomery sisters stopped talking to each other. The reason why Delilah went from saying cigarettes are bad for you to smoking multiple a day just to survive. Delilah's world came crumbling down at the age of thirteen. One day she was mailing her mother a letter about having her first kiss with Amos diggory and the next she was sent an owl about her mother being in the hospital. Never getting the chance to say goodbye.

"I'm sorry" Allison whispered as Delilah scoffed.

"You're not. Your selfish. From this day forward you Alison Gabriella Montgomery are no long my sister. We simply share the same last name. Now get out before I fucking kill you" Delilah said opening the door for Allison. Allison just started at her before walking out without another word. Everyone stared at Delilah waiting for her to do something. But she didn't. She looked up at Jackson who only engulfed her in a hug without another word, as silent tears ran down her face. It wasn't long before Alice kicked everyone out leaving Delilah with her family and James who refused to leave.

"I miss her" Delilah sighed. Sirius wrapped his arms around her as her back pressed up against his chest. "I think we all miss her. She was the mum I never got" Clair said, one arm was wrapped around regulus' torso while his was slumped on her shoulder.

"She's the mom I wish I had" said Sirius with a grin on his face remembering the first time he ever experienced a mothers love from Sophia.

Sirius regulus and Delilah where all running around Montgomery house. The only parent home was Sophia in the kitchen making lunch. Sirius ran into a room rather quickly not noticing the small table with a flower pot on it. The pot shattered, Sirius's body began visibly tense as Sophia ran into the room.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it" Sirius said lowly and frantically with his head down. "Please don't hit me"he whispered. Sophia had her suspicions on what the black parents where doing to there children but she never had prof. She remembered the girl who she once considered her best friend who was now capable of doing to much harm to two innocent boys.

With a flick of her wand she cleaned the broken glass. She walked over to Sirius who was shaking terrified to move a muscle out of fear.

"Sirius honey look at me" Sophia said lowering down to his height. Still he refused to put his head up. She lightly took her finger and tilted his head up before running her hands through his messy black hair. His eyes had tears in them as he held his forearm, Sophia quickly taking notices seeing a price of glass still stuck in his forearm with blood dripping.

Without hesitation she scooped him into her arms walking to the bathroom to get a first aid kit to clean his wound.

"Sirius I need you to listen to me alright" Sophia said as he nodded.

"Your not in trouble Sirius accidents happen, I know you didn't mean to break it alright. Thank you for apologizing though but under no circumstances are you in trouble" she smiled softly bandaging his wound. "You may not be my biological son but I still love you as if you where, you know that right siri" . He immediately wrapped in frail arms around her neck hugging her as if his life depended on it.

"I love you Sirius Montgomery" she whispered. As he smiled at what could have been his last name.

"I love you too mummy" he smiled sheepishly. That was the first time as if he felt he had a real mother one who truly loved him, flaws and all.

There Delilah sat cigarette in hand makeup stained on her face with her legs hanging off the astronomy tower. Her seventeen birthday the one where her friends played dancing Queen behind her all day and showed her in gifts. And that same night she lost her sister.

"Happy birthday to me" she said as the clock striked midnight signaling it was the next day. The cigarette finally numbing her.