Chapter 7: Christmas Truce And A New Alliance

Start from the beginning

John: Urgh fine...

Lisa: You ok now?

John: Yeah

Lisa: Good. Now, about HQ's decision, I honestly don't understand it either. Reading your report, I have no idea how they think that's a good idea to attack such a powerful entity...

I nod in agreement at every single one of her words.

Lisa: By the way, can you tell me more about that person in the report? I wanna know what we're up against

John: This one... I don't know too much about that guy but Iowa does, you should probably ask her instead of me

Lisa: I see... Alright, can you give me a ride to the dormitory?

John: Sure thing

MEANWHILE

LOCATION: HONOLULU'S SOUTH SIDE

MIDWAY'S POV

After the encounter with the shipgirls of this world a few days ago, I noticed that they don't seem to have any wisdom cube. This piqued my interest so I decided to dig further by traveling to Japan and find some information about the shipgirls as well as their relationship with the Abyssals. Apparently, the Abyssals suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started attacking human vessels sailing out to sea. The humans tried to fight back but to no avail which leads to the entire blockade of sea routes by the Abyssals which lead to most of islands being abandoned. Then, the Japanese somehow found a way to summon the WW2 ships but in human form and they proved to be quite the effective weapon against the Abyssals. After that, the other countries also started to do the same and the war has been in a stalemate ever since. Personally, I didn't really care too much about all of those but the method they used to summon the shipgirls without wisdom cubes was definitely interesting. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about it in Japan. As a result, I decided to take a trip to Pearl Harbor and try to see if I can learn something about it.

Princy: Lord Midway, are you sure this is safe? I have a feeling our base will not be able to withstand the Abyssal attack

Midway: Relax, I developed the "Hound" specifically for these occasions so no need to be worried

I started thinking about the concept for the "Hound"- which was a self-guiding long range missile- after my first trip to Japan. Before that, my main method of dealing damage was to use the laser guided munitions on the UAVs and the plasma cannons. However, both of them didn't have the capability to safely engage enemies beyond visual range (cannons can only shoot straight while aircrafts carrying the guided munitions can be shot down) which almost got me killed in some occasions. As a result, when I came to Japan and learned about the AEGIS system and the Tomahawk missile, I completely fell in love. In the trip after that, I managed to successfully infiltrate a Japanese military base and got the information for both. After that, I created perfect copies of the systems and equipped them for testing. Overall, it went well but there's a major problem- the guidance system on the missile wasn't able to lock onto the Abyssals since they were designed to fight ships and not human-sized targets. After a whole day developing a new guidance system and upgrading the warhead along with the propulsion system, the anti-Abyssal missile- which I named "Hound"- was born. The next day, I successfully test-fired some of them and started equipping them on the fleet- a process that took an entire day to finish.

Midway: Oh, we're here

After an hour of traveling and bypassing patrol, we finally reached a remote area on the South side of the island.

Midway: Huh, I thought there would be more people

Princy: After we appeared, all of the sea routes were blocked so people who live on islands moved to the mainland. Only the militaries use these islands now