[𝑬𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂 𝒐𝒏𝒆: 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒊𝒓𝒂 𝑲𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉

Eira looks at herself in the mirror, adjusting the strands of hair coming out of her braids

She smiles at her reflection and picks up the basket full of fruit on the floor.

The basket is for Solomon Goode, as a token of thanks for helping them with some house repairs.

Eira's father had recently died, so now it was just her mother and her. They not only had to cope with the grief, but also find a way to find a support.

The Goode's had been very kind to them, helping them with whatever they could. She and her mother have grown fond of them because of that.

She walks, passing through the Union houses, bumping into her friends who are gathered in a small group, as they are every morning after finishing their first task.

"The full moon rises before nightfall", they say in unison, in a whisper.

"A good night to enjoy the fruits of the land", she replies.

Missing from the group are Sarah and Hannah, who have probably not yet finished their chores around the house.

They smile at each other and then she starts walking in the direction of the forest.

"Where are you going?" Isaac asks catching up to her, starting to walk alongside her.

"My mother sent me to leave a little thank you for Solomon", she replies, with a smile.

He gives her a look that she fails to interpret and is silent for a moment.

"You're in love with him", he whispers and she stops, surprised by her friend's accusation.

"What? Of course not', she denies, "He has helped us a lot after father's death, we are grateful, nothing more."

He purses his lips before speaking.

"Are you telling me that if he asked you to marry him you would say no?" he asks, his voice is calm but accusatory.

Eira looks down at her basket, as she arranges the handkerchief covering the fruits.

"No", she admits,"I would accept it."

The truth is that feelings of love for him had indeed grown in Eira, much stronger than those held for friends.

"Yeah, I figured", he blurts out, resignedly.

Eira lifts her gaze to Isaac, he smiles at her but she can see his disappointment spite of it.

Isaac had always felt more for her than she did for him, she wishes he didn't so she wouldn't hurt him, but a person's feelings are something that can't be changed.

She smiles at him, sad and he says goodbye, leaving her to go on her way.

It takes her quite a while to get to Solomon's house, since she must pass through the wheat field, the forest, the river and more forest to make it.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 | 𝐙𝐢𝐜𝐤 [𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐙𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐲] ✔️ 🎉