𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

June 1984

June 1984

Ziggy takes a deep breath.

The mirror reflects Ziggy in a white dress, with her loose hair being decorated by a crown of white flowers and the long veil.

Damn, she thinks mentally as she realizes she could barely stand upright from how nervous she is.

She wasn't afraid to spend the rest of her life with him, that was something she had wanted for a long time, in fact she didn't even know what she was nervous about.

The decor, the location, the weather... everything is perfect.

Maybe it was the fact that for a long time she thought she would never get married, that she would never be happy again... yet there she is, about to marry the love of her life after a few months in which all she felt was happiness.

Memories of Nick come to her mind and she begins to calm down, knowing that whatever is to come at his side can only be happiness.

...

"Ziggy..." Nick starts, taking her by the hands, Ziggy smiles at him, "We've known each other for a long time..." Nick takes a little pause "I never told you, but you've always caught my attention, since long before we ever spoke. I've known for a long time that if I ever wanted to get married, I would only do it if it's with you.

» I've known for a long time that I want to wake up next to you every day for what's left of my life and I promise never to doubt you again, no matter how crazy" Ziggy lets out a small laugh, in the midst of emotion "it sounds, I'm never going to leave you again".

"Nick... the day I actually met you I realized that everything I thought about you was wrong. That day we only shared a few hours together but it was all I needed to know that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with", Nick smiles and she smiles back.

» "Today, I want to tell you that I let us be apart for too long", Nick looks down, knowing that it was his fault too "but that I will never make that mistake again", he looks up and nods, letting her know that he wouldn't walk away from her again either.

Nick takes her left hand gently and places the ring on it carefully, then Ziggy does the same and they smile as their gazes meet.

"Do you, Nicolas Goode, take Christine Berman to be your wife, and promise to be faithful to her in prosperity and adversity, in sickness and in health and to love and respect her all the days of your life?"

"I do", Nick replies, still with his hands holding Ziggy's.

"And do you, Christine Berman, take Nicolas Goode to be your husband, and promise to be faithful to him in prosperity and adversity, in sickness and in health and to to love and respect him all the days of your life?"