Prologue: Come With Me

All gypsies stray away from the fearsome Judge Claude Frollo. One evening, however, just when Frollo was about to head home he heard a noise near one of the canals. Gypsies, no doubt, thought Frollo, knowing fully well they would use the waterways to escape their crimes.

The judge made his horse go the other way and went to investigate the situation. By the time he got there, he found himself surprised. Half alive and coughing out the water was a young girl of age 20. She barely picks herself up out of the river and looks up to meet a dumbfounded Frollo.

Frollo was lost for a moment when he examined the girl's clothing. Bright and colorful gypsy clothing and jingling jewelry all over her. His face slowly changes into scorn as he glares down at the drenched maiden. He demands, "You, there! Gypsy girl! Come here!"

The maiden blinks confusingly at Frollo before looking at herself. She pulls herself out of the water and sits on the stone ground shivering. She hugs herself and looks up at Frollo again. She stares at him innocently and asks, "Who are you?"

"Do not play coy, gypsy. Come here," repeated Frollo more firmly.

"Gypsy?" asked the maiden confused.

"Enough of your tricks!" ordered Frollo.

The maiden frowns sadly and tries to stand up on her feet. She walks up to the judge dripping wet and cold. She meekly spoke, "I-I'm not, sir . . . I-I-I can't remember anything."

"You can't remember?" asked Frollo as he raises a suspicious brow.

"N-No, sir."

"Hmm." Frollo couldn't think as to why this gypsy would be lying to him but an idea chimed in as he glances over at the Notre Dame. He points to the sacred building and asks the girl, "Tell me. Do you know that building?"

The maiden turns her attention to the noble building and stares at it for a moment. She then turn to the judge and shook her head naively. "I don't know it, sir. I-Is it your house?"

The judge was surprised. Every Parisian knows the beautiful Notre Dame; what kind of a fool would not know of its holiness? Not even the gypsies would dare disrespect it.

Frollo rubs his chin before examining the maiden again. Despite her gypsy attire, she had fair skin and bright blue eyes. The judge's eyes moved toward her torso and saw her voluptuous curves. Her clothes were slightly transparent and could easily see her gorgeous young breasts. A small desire is triggered in Frollo's chest, but he ignores it and composes himself.

"Oh, dear," said Frollo with a softer tone. "You truly are innocent. You must've hit your head and lost your memories. You poor child."

"Y-You think so?" asked the maiden as she touches her head and added, "I do feel a bump here."

"Then it seems I've made a mistake." If other citizens had heard that, they would be shocked coming from Claude Frollo. He added, "Pardon my rudeness. You are not a gypsy. You are just an innocent soul, lost and confused."

He reaches out his hand to the maiden and spoke again with that devilish voice. "Come with me. I will help you, child, and give you a place to rest in."

The maiden felt relieved as she accepts his hand and joins him on his horse.

Frollo then asked, "Do you remember anything, my dear?"

The maiden thought about it for a moment and answered, ". . . Thalia. My name's Thalia, that's all."

"Thalia. What an enchanting name," said Frollo as he smirks.

The wicked Judge Claude Frollo takes this naive maiden back to his home. They walked by wanted posters for a supposed criminal nicknamed, "The Gypsy King."

Unknowingly, the maiden's necklace matches the Gypsy King's emblem on his crown . . .