1

Cavalry captain Kaeya, Knights of Favonius. He seemed to be a charismatic young man with high potential as a Cryo vision holder. To those who had good intentions, he stayed welcoming and friendly. To those who did not, he could easily intimidate them while staying collected. Diluc, the current owner of the Dawn Winery. Calm and quiet. Diluc was a superhero from the comics, a nobleman by day and a hero by night. And a cheesy title to go along with it, the Darknight hero.

To outlanders, the connection between the two was difficult to believe. Diluc and Kaeya are "adopted" brothers, Krepus having had taken in Kaeya after he was abandoned by his own father. However, their complicated relationship did not portray them as siblings. Diluc held a long grudge against the Knights, including Kaeya, for his father's death. The once close brothers had grown apart and became successful in their own ways.

Kaeya's day of work was finally over. Like any other day, he went to the Angel's Share. Citizens of Mondstadt who knew the Cavalry Captain believed he only went for his drinks. He, like many other men in Mondstadt, did enjoy having a couple drinks. But his hobby of drinking was only a mere excuse. He visited the Tavern in hopes of his brother being there. In hopes that Diluc will bicker and complain about his drinking. In hopes that Diluc will snatch his bottle out of his hand. This day in particular, Diluc wasn't there. At the Dawn Winery, probably. Kaeya sighed and scooped himself down on the seat at the bar. He gave a friendly wave to Charles, the bartender.

"The usual, Cavalry Captain?" He asked amusingly.

"Shall I have something more exotic then, dear Charles?" Kaeya smirked and tapped the table with his finger. "The usual is fine. But I would prefer if you wouldn't say usual as if I'm here everyday."

Charles laughed. "You are, though. My number one customer, the Cavalry Captain himself."

"Hah, you're such a liar, dear Charles. I saw you kissing up to that windborn bard just yesterday."

"Quit your damn flirting, Cavalry Captain, or whatever your title is. My wine is starting to taste strange with you around."

Kaeya faked a gasp and hid a smile. "Sister Rosaria! A nun like yourself at a tavern this late! How unholy of you."

She rolled her eyes. "I won't watch over you if you get drunk like the week before. You know, Charles paid a hefty amount of Mora for that."

He gave a small smirk. "Oh my dear Sister, this Captain does not have a strong heart. You may just break my heart to pieces if you continue to insult me like that. How would you feel, Sister, being the cause of the Knight's cavalry captain's downfall. I'll see to it that your name is written on my gravestone."

She shook her head with a small smile. "I'd rather just sign it."

Kaeya grabbed the drink that Charles had just handed to him. "Ah, just the best Dandelion Wine from the Winery itself."

"You marrying that thing or something?"

"I'll be the flowerboy, then. I can perform, but you'll have to serve wine!"

Kaeya turned around to a certain bard. "The windborne bard has graced the tavern with his presence yet again!"

"Two drunkards at the tavern," Rosaria grimaced. The two "drunkards" laughed and chuckled as the tavern door opened.

"Ah, Master Diluc! Here for a drink? I've got half a bottle full," Kaeya's eye lit up.

Diluc ignored Kaeya's offer. "At least six of the Knights are here. Who is left to protect Mondstadt during the night?"

Kaeya winked, but it looked like a blink with his eyepatch on. "The Darknight hero, of course." Diluc looked away, looking at Charles.

"I'll see myself out," Diluc nodded. Kaeya looked up.

"Hey, Diluc-" He followed his brother. "Mind holding a proper conversation with me? Like we used to, before-"

"Before what? Before Father died?"

"Listen, Diluc, or- or Master Diluc, I just want my brother to talk to me. Not a damn soul in all of Teyvat believes we are brothers anymore."

Diluc raised his voice. "Even to me, you are not my brother. The only thing on your damn mind is drinking and the rest of the knights."

"Diluc- please. We were kids, Diluc. We were kids who had to grow up faster than everyone else. It was my fault." His eyes were already filled to the brim with tears, watching his only family left push him away.

Kaeya reached his hand to grab Diluc's shoulder, who was walking away. "I wish you had died instead of Father." Kaeya pulled back his hand. His eyepatch stopped his tear from his right eye from reaching his chin. Turning around, he left Diluc. Diluc stood in front of the Tavern, thinking of nothing. 

Meanwhile, Kaeya reached the Headquarters and greeted the Knights at the door. Lisa looked at him with a sad gaze, and somehow Miss Lisa always knew what was going on.