Chapter 9: Oh James

Comincia dall'inizio

Remus reluctantly left the room and was quickly greeted with Sirius's worried face

"What happened Mooney you gotta tell me now, why does James look like he's been crying"

"He, well, he kinda-"

"Come on just get out with it"

"He had an... accident and it upset him, a lot, especially when i found him"

"Oh dear merlin he can't be a-"

Remus quickly butted in "I don't know, he might be, but that doesn't matter right now. I'm going to take care of him for tonight, and you can clean up the living room and take care of Severus in the morning"

"I look after Sev for sure but what needs cleaning?"

"There are some dirty sheets on the floor and James threw up... quite a bit"

Sirius groaned "okay yeah i can handle that, just look after prongs alright?"

Remus smiled "Of course" Sirius could be so sweet sometimes.

Remus opened up the bathroom door again to see James curled up with his knees to his chest with little tears falling down his cheeks.

"Oh come on now" Remus said softly "Why are we upset, now love?"

"Is Pa'foot mad at me?"

"Of course not sweetheart he was just worried about you, no one like seeing their friends upset"

"You sure?"

"I'm positively certain, and I'll tell you now I am not even the slightest bit angry either. Accidents happen nothing we can do about it" Remus pulled James in for a hug "I'm going to run you a bath now, i can stay or leave whatever you want, and i can help with whatever you need".

"I-i can clean myself but... you stay?"

"I'd be happy to".

He pulled away and started to run a bath "You want bubbles?"

James smiled a little for the first time that night "Yes please"

Once the bath was full Remus turned his back to allow James to get undressed. It took him a bit longer than usual and Remus could hear him fumbling with the buttons of his shirt. He turned back around once he heard James step into the bath.

They both stayed quiet, James silently washing himself and Remus occasionally blowing bubbles in his face causing the boy to giggle.

James stepped out of the bath as the heat of the water started to fade and Remus quickly wrapped him up in a fluffy towel. The boy looked quite sweet as he tiredly clung to Remus after he was done getting him dressed.

Remus was settling himself and James into his own bed because they didn't have any clean sheets for James's bed, when he heard James's sleepy mumble underneath the blankets.

"Mooney..."

"Yes?"

"I don't what to, to have an accident in your bed..."

"Oh, no that wouldn't be very pleasant" Remus thought for a minute "How about you wear one of those night time nappies we got in town today?" James turned the shade of a tomato "I won't force you but it would be a smart idea"

"Can you help?"

"Of course, i'll go get the things" He gathered up the supplies and sat beside James, hesitating

"You sure you're okay with me changing you?"

"Yeah... just quick please"

"Alright" Remus pulled down James's pyjamas and slid the nappy underneath him and swiftly did up the tapes. "There, all done, and now you won't go to sleep with worry in your head". He tucked James back under the blankets and slid in beside him. It was awkward for a few minutes, but that was before James decided to turn over and cuddle up to Remus's side.

"You know James, we'd love you no matter what, even if there's accidents, even when you cry... no matter what your classification is..."

"Thank you Mooney"

Remus pulled James closer to him and James clung to him a little tighter.

***********************************************************************************************

Now, i won't make you any promises about new chapters but the story won't be abandoned. I hope i'll see you soon, you're welcome to say hello to me on my conversation page. until then enjoy yourselves and i hope you've all had a nice holiday and if things haven't been going well i hope they cheers up soon. I'll see you later my lovelies, stay safe!