".... Me and my big mouth, huh?"

After my eyes looked back over and I made my way in, searching the ground as I couldn't see very well in here yet, I felt eyes watching me stumble about before I gave in and asked [Great Sage] for help using [Illumination] to highlight my slime friend for me.

"I really need to get a way to see when I can't actually see....." I mused to myself as I stopped near by my silent friend with a relieved sigh.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Can you hear me?"

A voice...

Where....?

"Heh?"

"Don't heh me, worried one! Its rude!"

Wow.. They sound really arrogant.... Wait a second-

"Hey. Don't lecture me! How are you even talking to me, I can't see very well and you're not making a sound over there."

I seemed to have caught them off guard with that response because soon enough I could hear muttering a distance above me, though unintelligible I could hear the comment of "Both of these creatures are so rude....." And "can't see either, huh?"

I felt myself sweat slightly with a pitying smile as I shook my head, feeling a loose appendage bounce on my head slightly at the sudden movement. I didn't think anything of it, assuming that it was just some stray hair as I decided to sit down nearby and attempt to let [Adaptable] adjust my sight as I stared where I last saw my party member.

It didn't take long before I heard them speak in my head again, although this time it seemed another joined in to the rather intrusive inner call within my mind.

"Although... Its quite hard to converse if you cannot see. Alright. I'll help the two of you see."

"Eh-!?" That one was different..... Much higher pitched and smaller in a way. They sounded shocked.

"Just don't be scared when you see my appearance, ok?" They shifted a bit from the sounds of it. "There is something called [Magic Perception]. It allows you to perceive the surrounding magic essence."

I heard [Great Sage] answer the slime as she explained to them how they moved using this magic essence.

"If you are able to perceive the flow of magic essence outside of your body, then you'll get the skill. With that you'll be able to see and hear!"

The slime seemed to hesitate as they went quiet for a moment. I did as well as I began to sense the magic around us, it felt like a river of a sort. Endless and surrounding every crevasse all around us.

Extra skill [Magic Perception] acquired. In order to organize large amount of information, it is suggested to activate the skill [Great Sage] at the same time.

Activate [Magic Perception]?

"YES!/ Yes."

The effect was instantaneous once more. The world once dark and dimly lit to my eyes sprung forth to greet me with the earth around us. Enormous columns and spikes of rock surrounded the area and locked around a dome of magic, the lake we had just left could be seen through the larger crevasses in the stone.

I could hear the slime chanting about being able to see on the other side of the telepathy link, a chuckle escaping my lips from my spot as I watched them after finally being able to see.

I seemed to have drawn their attention as they stopped to look at me before we both heard the being from earlier speak again.

"Seems like you did it."

"Yes, thank you~~~-"

"Let me introduce myself again. I am the Storm dragon: Veldora." We both looked to Veldora as he spoke, the slime seeming to melt in fear as he continued, I was less bothered after my time with the monsters of the caves, simply looking on in awe. "I am one of the four dragonkind in this world. FUHAHAHAHAHA!"

I hummed with a smile as I stood up and walked closer now that I could see in here, circling around the magic barrier around Veldora as he spoke to the scared slime. It almost went unnoticed by me but as I was circling him and he realized what I was doing, Veldora seemed to puff up a bit more and spread his wings as much as he could in the dome causing a laugh slip from me which seemed to egg him on as I grinned, listening to him speak to the slime.

It soon came to the topic of how we got in here which happened conveniently after I had finished inspecting the enormous dragon and stood resting my hand on the barrier near my party member.

Turns out we were both reincarnated here from another world, which was rare according to Veldora.

"Occasionally people of this world will reincarnate, and occasionally other worlders will also cross into this world. But from my knowledge there aren't any cases of reincarnating here from a different world entirely."

"Hmm. Is that so? Rather, there's other people that come from a different world?"

"Mm. It looks like those people gain abilities they wish for when they come here."

"That explains the skills we have, huh?" I spoke aloud, the slime nodding in agreement as they spoke through the telepathy link.

"Maybe there are other Japanese people here. I should try meeting them."

"..... Is that so... Are you going to leave?" Veldora sighed as he slouched slightly, I patted the air sympathetically with a soft grimace.

"Are you unable to move because of the barrier, Veldora?" I asked as he turned to us again, looking at me as he seemed to sink more with a dragon pout.

"What barrier?" Slimy asked quietly, moving forward before bumping it, only just realizing it was there.

Veldora ignored him or didn't notice. "Yes. I was sealed away three hundred years ago by the hero. The hero was really strong despite her looking powerless. She sealed me away using her unique skill [Absolute Severance] and [Ultimate Imprisonment]."

The slime seemed to call him out on getting distracted by the hero, causing Veldora to start listing off her features as a poor attempt at denying it, earning a laugh from me and making him more flustered though I thought he was just embarrassed.....

(Cliffhanger time UwU. If its not obvious, I'm using the manga more than the anime so I'll be splitting some things up into parts. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Peace~.)