You are my one and only sunshine.

A/N: Hi guys, sorry this took so long! Home school and life, ya'know? Anyway this is a feels fic. I warned you! Also, note that this oneshot doesn't have the curse of regeneration like the other oneshots, so everyone who dies here will die permanently.

A blue flash swept across the sky, twirling around all the floating cotton balls in sight.

Splendid was on his way to go and see his best friend, and secret crush, Flippy. It was like a weekly ritual they always seemed to do, they would always talk and help each other out with problems they would have at the time, and then go for a walk afterwards. Flippy always loved the way the town's park looked like, wonderful garden and everything, but would never admit it to Splendid, seeing how it could've made him look even more softer than he let on especially for a soldier like him. Splendid knew about it anyway, and thought it was adorable.

Soon enough, the blue squirrel landed in front of the teddy bear's house, and was instantly met with a slam to the face. Half of the door's hinges broke as well as the door itself, not really, just a couple of cracks one could point out. He blinked, didn't even bother to rub his face since he hardly felt a thing.

"Oh! Gosh! Splendid, I'm so sorry!" Flippy grabbed Splendid's face and observed it closely, checking to see if he had somehow bruised the hero.

"Heh, don't worry about it. Hardly felt a thing.", and that was the truth, really. If a train or a car can't somehow break him, how can a door do the job?

Flippy's ears dropped as he suddenly remembered that Splendid was a super hero. Wow, of course he couldn't have felt it. He felt so stupid for forgetting his best friend was the hero of the town, then again he also fetl stupid for suddenly swining the door right to his face. He swiped his hands back, then scratched behind his head.

"Oh, hehe. Right."

Splendid smiled and pat the lime colored veteran, "C'mon, let's go for a walk already."

Flippy's ears perked up, and he smiled back. "Right! Let's go!" He grabbed Splendid's hand and ran with him to the park. Splendid letting him drag him along, his heart fluttering at the small contact and the very presence of his friend. Too bad he thought Flippy didn't swing that way, but even if he didn't, he was still proud to call him his companion. Splendid stopped himself from being pulled by Flippy, and Flippy looked back, confused by Splendid's sudden move.

"Splendid? What's wrong?", He titled his head to the side and stared at him.

"I just remembered, I found this spot near the hill on the park while I was flying around town the other day. I thought I could show you it, I bet you'd like it, it has tons of pretty flowers you might like." Splendid smirked towards the bear, raising a brow.

Flippy suddenly turned red, ".. How many times do I have to tell you? I don't like flowers, Splendid!" He glared a bit at Splendid and humphed. Splendid laughed at Flippy's reaction towards flowers or anything that seemed childish and/or cutesy.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I still want to take you there though, it's really beautiful there."

Flippy kept his mouth shut for a few brief seconds, before looking to the side and blushing a bit more.

"W-Well, if you.. insist.", goddammit man stop being so cute.

Splendid grinned pleasantly then grabbed him and huddled him up in his arms, earning an surprised yelp from the veteran. Flippy was about to protest, but Splendid took off right when he was about to screech some rude verses into his ear. As the squirrel flew into the free blue bedspread called the sky, a load of wind blew onto their faces, causing Flippy to shut his eyes because of the irritation he'd get later for dry eyes. The bear clung tightly to the masked one and kept his eyelids down tight, hoping not to be reminded of the war and all the jets involved in it, all the bombs dropped and all the explosions came surging into him. He felt Fliqpy trying to budge into their mind and he panicked for a short second until the harshness of the wind slowed to just a blissful breeze. He got back in touch with reality as his ears heard the bird's chirps once more and the warmth of his companion against him. Fliqpy was instantly put back down in a harmonious state, behind his host's mind. The bear was relieved from his stress once more.