Chapter 15: Teaming Up

Start from the beginning

"Ahem...! Well, if you want to look at it that way, then I definitely have no objections..." (Falric) chuckled awkwardly as he looked to the side. Lize giggled at his reaction.

"Haha, then I'll look at it that way." Lize said. They look at each other and they couldn't help but give their smiles.

They continue to make small talk to keep their minds off the problems for now if nothing else. This continued for a time until Toko and Pomu cane down from their room with drowsy looks on their faces.

"Morning, guys..." Pomu murmured before yawning. "Haah... It's been a while since I slept in a dorm." She said to herself as she walked towards the counter and ordered coffee for herself. Toko, on the other hand, was more interested in something else.

"Wait a minute. Did you two sleep in the same room?" Toko asked them with wide eyes. Lize and (Falric) looked at each other.

"That's... not a problem, is it?" (Falric) inquired and Toko shook his head.

"Oh, definitely not! That just means that my ship is sailing~" The Cerberus mused.

"Hey, hey! Nothing happened, okay? Don't go spreading rumours all over the place!" (Falric) told her with slight panic in his voice. Toko laughed.

"Haha! What? Do you really think that I'm that kind of person?" Toko smirked at him. "I wouldn't do that and besides, who will I tell here, the patrons? I'd rather enjoy it for myself." She added as she ordered coffee as well.

"What is it? Are you two a thing?" Pomu naively asked the two, causing them to blush. Toko went up to her and whispered something inaudible to the other two. Pomu, after hearing what Toko said to her, started to giggle.

"Ahaha... L-Let's not get carried away, okay? This is getting really embarrassing..." Lize trailed off.

"Anyways, do we have plans for today?" Pomu asked the two seated by the table behind her and Toko. Lize recomposed herself.

"Oh, right. Well, not really." Lize put her cup down on the table and sighed. "I have no idea what else to do. We really needed her help, but we couldn't get Captain Ban to come with us. Even though we got valuable information from her, it's still just the four of us."

"I've thought about it too." Toko took a sip from her drink before facing the two. "One option is going back to the capital and see if we could get someone from there." Toko paused as she realizes it. "Wait, why didn't we hire some people there before we left? Did we really just leave the capital with just the three of us?" Toko asked Lize.

"We did agree that we should leave with as few of us as possible so that we don't attract attention. Ange and Nui said that they can't because they have no experience with this kind of stuff and I doubt that the Felgardians would volunteer after what happened months ago, at least most of them wouldn't." Lize explained.

"Actually, I think quite a few of them would be more than willing to join us. I'm talking about my brother, Dale and Kaldan Littorio in particular." (Falric) mused. "But given the situation, they just can't go out walking around just yet."

"So we're really out of options..." Pomu sighed. "Assuming that Rosemi is already in Ravenholm, who knows how long will she take to find both Finana and Petra and find us afterwards?" Lize shook her head.

"Still, we have to do something. We have to continue and find other ways." Lize said to them. "If we're at a dead end here, we'll just have to turn around and retrace our steps."

"I agree. We'll find people along the way, but we still have to make progress at the same time." (Falric) agreed with Lize. "It'll be difficult, but we all already know that."