|| Chapter 2 - i don't dance though ||

Y/N's POV:

it's been a few months since i met Ranboo. we've talked nearly everyday. neither of us like calling very much so we spend a lot of time texting. he texts me bored in world history and i send him a meme from english literature that makes him laugh so hard he gets thrown out of class. i'm too tired to show up to school so he comes over after and orders takeout with me. he tells me he feels on edge and i drop everything to come help him. i rant and rant about stupid people and he calms me down. we're there for eachother.

Ranboo's introduced me to his friends, despite them being a quite loud and rambunctious group, i don't mind them and they seem to like me. plus they're way too easy to make fun of. i'm glad Ranboo has his people who care for him, but we do still ditch them a bunch to go to the roof or ride the bus to the park to play on the swings like little kids.

i was never a people person. i valued my personal space and time alone. in school i hated working with anybody. Ranboo once said he sort of recognized me from the yearbook club, i was a photographer, always in some sort of band tee and those baggy baggy jeans. i dropped yearbook because barely anyone worked, most of them just thought they'd be in the yearbook more if they joined. i've ended up dropping a class and picked up one that Ranboo happened to be in, although i never directly admitted to doing that on purpose. we work together on everything we can. he's the only person i can stand sometimes.

Ranboo's POV:

i leaned my back against the ledge-wall, sitting on the blanket with y/n laying in front of me, their head rested on my leg. i chomped down on cheez-its as y/n looked at the sky, us being on the roof per usual.

"you've gotta be kidding me!" y/n said laughing, "you're telling me that tommy doesn't know how to ride a bike,"

"yep" i assured.

"even though he's a literal fucking senior."

"ouch" i smiled. it was pretty embarrassing, i have to admit.

"so then quackity agreed to teach him, and then both him and Tommy ended up crashing into each other and falling into the lake!" y/n recited, their cheeks red from us laughing so much. "who teaches a kid to ride a bike next to an open lake?! i mean isn't that like rule #1?!" y/n exclaims, living in the story that was unfortunately very true.

"an idiot" i reply, looking down at y/n whose e/c eyes are focused on some clouds in the sky.

"an idiot who's your friend" he teases, making direct eye contact with me. i swear i could get lost in his e/c eyes for forever, they're so beautiful and deep like luminous pools.

"speaking of idiots!" y/n exclaims, snapping me away from their entrancing pupils. "i was thinking.."

"oh no. he's been thinking. y/n's been thinking! someone do something, please!" i joke dramatically, looking around like there was anyone there besides us.

"oh shut up loser" he says rolling his eyes, gently punching my shoulder. "anyways!" he gets back on track, "i was thinking that we should go to the dance this friday"

i nearly choked on a cheez-it. "what?!"

y/n sits up and faces me. "i saaaid..we. should. go. to. the. dance. this. friday." y/n claps between his stern words. "are you deaf all of a sudden? i'm too lazy to learn ASL for you, sorry"