Chapter 9: Come With Us

Back in the cellar, Rose was counting off for the women pulled in unison.

"One, two, three, pull! One, two, three, pull!"

Katie glanced towards the now fully transformed wolf. It was examining its paws. The group of prisoners was still trying and failing to pull the chain out of the wall. Katie fixed her gaze onto the iron clamp on the stone wall and waited for the next count.

"One, two, three, pull!" Rose called.

Katie's eyes flashed gold. She watched as the stone holding the iron chain disappeared in a shimmer of golden dust, unseen by the others just as the door was kicked open.

The Doctor stood in the doorway with Sir Roberts and Mickey behind him. He glanced towards Katie and Rose before settling his eyes on the werewolf sitting in the crate before them.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Rose cried out.

The Doctor was distracted, unsurprisingly. "Oh, that's beautiful."

"Come on, go. Get out!" Sir Roberts beckoned.

"Doctor, sonic!" Katie urged as the ladies began to make their way up the stairs, still bound to each other. He pulled the device out of his pocket and released the girls from the chains.

The beast chose this point to break out of his cage.

"Shit," Katie swore. "Out!"

The Doctor got all the girls out of the room. As they disappeared down the hallway, he stood in the doorway admiring the creature. Katie stopped at his side and grabbed arm, pulling him out of harms way just as the beast threw a piece of the cage towards him.

The Doctor slammed the door closed behind himself and used his sonic screwdriver to lock the door. They ran down the hallways following Sir Roberts and the Steward. They stopped at the gun room and the Steward began to hand out the contents to the men, including Mickey. "Arms, and you five. Ready, everyone?"

Mickey held the weapon unsure. The Steward noticed. "Just point and shoot. Don't let go because the recoil will get you." Mickey nodded.

Sir Roberts looked towards Lady Isobel. "Take the girls. Get them out through the kitchen."

Lady Isobel latched onto his arm. "I can't leave you. What will you do?"

"I must defend her Majesty. Now, don't think of me, just go!"

"All of you, at my side. Come on!" Lady Isobel spoke rushing her maids down the hallway.

Meanwhile, the Doctor was speaking to Katie, Mickey, and Rose. "It could be any form of light modulated species triggered by specific wavelengths. Did it say what it wanted?"

"The Queen, the Crown, the throne - you name it." Rose scuffed.

There was a crash on the other side of the house. They could hear the door splintering away. The Doctor and Katie both turned towards the hallway to investigate only to see the werewolf at the other end of the passage way. The look at each other and then the Queen's men and turned back around letting the men open fire. Mickey jumped after firing, even with the warning her couldn't have anticipated how much the weapon was going to slam into his shoulder. The weapon fumbled out of his hands.

The rest of the men lowered their firearms.

The Doctor went to speak but Katie cut him off. "All right, you men. We should retreat upstairs. Come with us."

The Steward scuffed at her. "I'll not retreat, woman. The battle's done. There's no creature on God's Earth that could survive such an assault."

"I'm telling you, come upstairs!" Katie raised her voice.