Chapter Six: First Morning Struggles

Start from the beginning

Lexi shut the door and got on with her morning, getting ready for the day. As for Oliver, he just smirked. He found Lexi fun to mess with, even if he did have a burning hatred for her.

*****

Nova had been up for the last hour or so, reading on their back porch. When she came inside, she found a bunch of others awake. Expecting her roommate to be awake too, she made her way to her bedroom to put her book away, only to find him sitting on the bed in a towel and taking a picture of himself in the mirror.

"Uh..." Nova froze. She found the scene kind of frightening.

Kane snapped the photo before speaking. "Sorry."

"Did you just..." Nova said, not being able to form the words that horrified her mind.

"Yeah, I do it almost every morning." Kane said, typing away on his phone.

"Are you posting it?!" Nova asked, practically freaking out.

"Of course." Kane smiled. "My fans love it."

"Ew." Shivers ran through Nova's spine. "That is disgusting."

"I'm not showing anything!" Kane exclaimed.

"Still." Nova said, shivering through her body.

Kane stood up, causing Nova to turn away from him. She didn't want to see anything.

"Next time." Nova muttered, keeping her eyes off the male. "Can you lock the door or something when you're in a towel?"

"Sorry." Kane apologized, genuinity in his voice. "It's your room too so I didn't think locking it would be fair to you."

"I would rather you lock it than me walking in on you when you're changing." Nova growled, slightly raising her voice.

"You're right." Kane's voice lowered. "I'm sorry."

Nova glanced over to see the male looking down, a bit sad.

"It's okay." Nova cleared her voice. "Just don't do it again."

She threw her book on her side table and left the room, leaving Kane to change. She took a deep breath and recollected herself from the situation before going along with her day.

*****

Angel was all ready for the day when she walked out into the kitchen, getting her tea maker out. She was going to make tea: something she did every morning. She started to make it when Ryan came out of their room.

"What is that smell?" He asked, a grossed out look on his face.

"Tea!" Angel exclaimed. "Want some?"

"Gross, no." He responded, walking into the kitchen to make himself something to eat.

"It's not gross!" Angel exclaimed. "It's healthy."

"Automatically gross." Ryan responded.

"And I thought you might actually change my mind about you being mean." Angel tisked. "But of course, I was right the first time."

"Okay, fine!" Ryan exclaimed, not wanting to be seen as a rude person. "I'll try it."

Angel giggled and poured him a cup when it was done. He sipped it and made a funny face.

"Not really my CUP OF TEA." He said, putting emphasis on the intended joke.

Angel couldn't help but laugh. She was always one for dad jokes.

"Do you really mean it or did you just say that to make the joke?" Angel asked.

Ryan stared at the female. "Yes."