Chapter 11: Work Study

Start from the beginning

She stretches and cracks a few of her bones. Y/N stands up and finally stretches his legs. "Finally," he said.

"Come on you love birds," Kendo said before grabbing her suitcase and getting up.

Y/N and Momo grab their suitcases and walk off the train. They all look ahead of themselves and see Uwabami's building. "Let's go!" Y/N said before running off to it.

"Hey! Wait up!" Kendo shouted before chasing after him.

"Wait! Both of you!" Momo screamed as she ran after them.

Eventually, the three of them enter Uwabami's building and are met by security. "What are you three doing here?" asked a large man.

"For the work study, sir," Y/N answered.

"Ah, so you're the kids from the Sports Festival," he said.

"Yes... we are," Momo said while trying to catch her breath.

"Can we see Uwabami?" Kendo asked.

"Not right now, she's in the middle of an interview," he told the young heroes.

"Wait what?" Y/N said.

"She's in the middle of an interview," the security guard repeated.

"Why would she be in the middle of an interview if she knows that there would be students coming over to do a work study?" Kendo asked him.

"You all should have expected this when you came here," the security guard told them before walking away.

"Wai-wait," Momo said in a weak voice.

"What the hell is this?" Y/N asked.

"It's straight bull, that's what it is," Kendo told him.

"Well, looks like we have to wait," Momo said.

"Or maybe not," Y/N said.

"What do you mean?" Momo asked.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" Kendo inquired.

"Let's go put on our hero suits," he told them before running to the bathroom to change.

"Better than sitting around," Kendo said before running into the girl's room.

Momo does the same. Y/N waits outside for them. Both girls come out and see Y/N waiting. "You girls ready?" he asked the two of them.

"What are doing?" Kendo asked him.

"Kinda need to know that?" Momo said.

"Follow me," he said before walking to the front door.

They follow and all end up outside. "Now what?" Kendo asked.

"Momo, how tall of a ladder can you create?" he asked her.

"At most, 20 meters (65 feet) but that's me pushing it," she answered.

"Then maybe try 18 meters (59 feet)?" Y/N suggested.

"Yeah, I can do that," she said.

"Perfect," he said.

"Y/N, are you planning on climbing up to where Uwabami is having her interview?" Kendo asked him.

"Yes, to show that we are worth her time!" Y/N answered.

"Sounds good to me," Kendo replied.

"Anything is better than sitting around here waiting for her," Momo said.

Momo proceeds to create an 18 meters long ladder, which left her very tired afterward. Y/N grabs the ladder and places it on the building. "Thank you for this, Yaomomo," he told her.

"No problem," she retorted.

"Now Kendo, I want you to climb up the ladder and when we reach Uwabami's room, you then can use your quirk to grab me and easily give me something stable to stand on so I can destroy the window," Y/N said.

"Sounds simple enough," Kendo said before climbing the ladder.

Y/N climbs after her and Momo shout "don't you dare look up!"

Y/N stares at the wall and thinks "hmm, yes, this concrete is made out of concrete."

Momo creates some stabilizers for the ladder so they didn't have to worry about falling. They climb for a while and eventually reach the end of the ladder. "This is as far as I can go, Y/N," she told him.

"Lift me up then," he told her.

Kendo enlarges her hand and picks up Y/N and lifts him as high as she can. Luckily enough, he managed to get exactly where Uwabami's room is. "Are you there?" she asked him.

"Yup, I see her," he answered.

He takes his hand and uses one finger. He focuses on the glass in front of him. "Just destroy the glass. Just destroy the glass," he thought before touching it.

He controlled his quirk and destroyed the glass. "Huh?" Uwabami said while looking at Y/N.

The camera crew filming her look at him. "Hi," he said. "I'm here for the work study. So are Itsuka Kendo and Momo Yaoyorozu."

Moments later, the three students were in the room with Uwabami all alone. "So, let me get this straight, you three created a plan to meet me when you couldn't because I was in the middle of an interview?" she asked them.

"Yeah," they answered.

"Perfect. Not taking no as an answer. I already like you three," she told them. "You know this is one of the two reasons I picked you three."

"What's the other reason?" Y/N asked her.

"You three are some adorable teens," she told them with a wink.

"Huh?" they all responded. 

Little did they know, this was only the beginning of the ridiculous stuff they would encounter during the work study.