sighing, yeosang started his way to his locker, pointlessly deciding to idle around the area until next class begun.

a number of students loitering around in the hallways around him, one pair of friends, upon seeing the boy, shuffled closer to one another, before whispering who-knows-what gossip into each other's ears.

noticing this, yeosang crossed his arms over his chest in attempt to make himself feel more secure, aiming to speed past them. however, instead of peacefully going on his way as he wished for, the volume of their words then became audible to his ears.

"...haven't seen him without that other dude before, d'you think something happened between 'em?"

"maybe they—"

"are your lives really that boring that you're theorising about someone else's?" yeosang snapped before he could hear an answer to the previous question he made out. standing up for himself hadn't ever been one of his traits, but hearing what strangers perceived of his and jongho's relationship was the last thing he could deal with. after all, no one but them knew of the unspoken feelings beneath it.

"he's changed quite a lot since that yuyoung boy disappeared, hasn't he?" a different voice joined in, belonging to a face yeosang hadn't even seen before.

i... have? maybe that's what mingi meant, then. yeosang looked down at his feet, confident demeanour faltering at the countless heads in his direction.

but, prompting him to lift his head back up in dignity, was a voice cutting into the conversation taking place, one yeosang knew all too well. "it's wooyoung, actually," san corrected saltily. "and by that stupid fucking mistake, it's clear you don't know a thing about yeosang. so instead of creating baseless assumptions about the type of person he is, i recommend you spend your free time doing something more productive."

despite the calm volume of san's voice, the harshness spiked within it spat his words out like venom. and before yeosang could let out the breath he'd anxiously been holding in, every student eavesdropping on them hurriedly turned the opposite way, thankfully leaving them be.

turning to san with the intention of thanking him a thousand fucking times, the pear-haired boy was suddenly dragging him down the hallway by his sleeve.

"what the fuck- san?"

"calm your tits, i'm not that desperate to kill you off," san muttered, without sparing a single glance at yeosang.

"that's validating, but what are you—"

"jongho wanted you."

yeosang blinked, involuntarily stuttering, "j-jongho?"

"yes, jongho," san confirmed, turning a corner. "and it seemed pretty important, since he asked me outta all people. 'was surprised, though, y'all are meant to be inseparable; what happened?"

"oh, well... i'm not sure, really..."

"'course you aren't." san sighed. "bets on it being something completely stupid, though."

"you think that low of us?" yeosang chuckled half-heartedly.

san came to a stop outside of a door, resulting in yeosang to, as well, who firstly withdrew his hand from the younger's grasp.