09 ; all cops are bastards

yeosang entered the school gates, squinting his eyes in curiosity at the massive crowd of students huddled up by one end of the premises. confusion decorating his face, he carefully decided to make his way towards them, wondering what could possibly be of this much attention.

the last time he'd seen the school in such a fuss was when wooyoung went missing. a week had passed since the incident, and despite the constant reminders on television, it didn't seem like the police were any step closer to solving the case. it hurt to say the very least; it was like a piece of yeosang's heart chipped off every time he'd woken up to see no updates on his kidnapped best friend.

nearing the large number of noisy students, yeosang spotted a familiar head of brown hair within the crowds, causing him to grin.

differing greatly to his initial expectations, he wasn't completely alone without his best friend. of course, no one could ever fill the hole that the lack of wooyoung had created, not even if they tried their absolute hardest, but jongho was... okay to be around. he was kind, funny at times, and didn't take offence to yeosang's brutally sarcastic comments — not a lot people could top that.

quickening his pace, yeosang rushed over to jongho, who was too immersed in whatever was going on that he didn't notice a presence behind him until the boy blew into his ear. he yelped, flinching in his spot, but his threatening expression softened at the angelic giggle entering his ears.

"god, sang, was that really necessary?" jongho muttered.

yeosang just shrugged his shoulders, amused. "to get your attention, yes." and before the younger could question what exactly was meant by yeosang's words, he continued, "what's going on here?"

"well..." jongho stepped to the side, allowing the latter to get a look for himself. at yeosang's gaping jaw, he bit his lip. "the cops dropped the case."

scruffy, red letters were spray painted over the side of a police car, and due to the untidiness of the hand writing, it took a few seconds for yeosang to make out what it read. but once he did, a half-hearted chuckle left his lips. whoever was behind this were clearly brave — passionate, even. and yeosang couldn't help but respect that. props to them.

"bastards, indeed," yeosang agreed under his breath, tears pooling his eyes.

"sang, you- you're okay with this?!"

at the abrupt, harsh voice, yeosang turned to jongho, whose eyebrow was raised, features expressing his emotions evident. he was raging, and all the elder could do was roll his eyes.

"yes," yeosang answered calmly. "yes, i am okay with this."

"but—"

"but nothing," jongho was interrupted with. "whoever is behind this is right, the cops are fucking bastards. they've given up on my best friend if you haven't gotten it into your head already, does it look like i care about what you think?" yeosang scoffed, wiping away the lone tear that had raced down his cheek.

he then turned his back on jongho, solely ignoring the tiny fraction of him that was against the idea, before heading into the college building. the scene outside had grabbed so much attention that the corridors were almost completely empty, and he was glad; the usual suffocating mobs of students wouldn't have done him any good in this situation.

despite having no specific destination in mind, yeosang found his subconscious walking him to the bathrooms. slamming the door shut behind him, he locked himself in a stall and sunk to the ground, his back pressed against the wall.

yeosang bought his knees up to his chest, instantly hugging them with his arms as he let his head hang low.

he didn't think he'd ever been this conflicted before, and it was even stranger that he felt this way over someone he'd befriended a mere week ago. jongho disapproving of the cops' property being vandalised with profanities was the last thing yeosang had expected from the younger, so it affecting their friendship was certainly something he'd never imagined to happen. hell, he'd never even imagined their friendship being ruined at all, let alone over something like this.