"What?" King replied.

"Why you looking around like you're searching for someone?" I asked him.

"I'm not.." He said.

"Then what are you doing?" I asked scanning the whole cemetery on the low, I have sunglasses on so he doesn't even realize. But I was definitely curious now.

"I was just looking Serenity, calm down" King said.

"Mm." I said, then I thought about when I visited me and Ja'Von's old house, and how Jacob told me that King took over the place when he died.

"Uh King" I said.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"You never told me you took over me and Ja'Von's old spot when he died, and when I moved out of there." I said, his eyes widened.

"How'd you know?" King asked.

"I just know. Why you didn't say anything?" I asked. And I could tell he got uncomfortable by me asking that, kinda like he was hiding something. I wasn't sure.

"I just didn't. I figured it didn't really matter" King said.

"Why did you take over the house if-"

"Ah shit, I- The time. It's getting late, I gotta go" King said.

I scrunched my eyebrows and said "It's 12 PM"

"I gotta go Serenity, I forgot I had a very important errand to run" He said as he quickly walked away from me, and towards his car.

There's definitely something he's hiding.

I looked down at Ja'Von's grave and said "Yeah he been trippin since you've been gone. I wonder what he's hiding.."

Then I just shook my head and said "I love you Ja'Von, keep resting okay?" I bent down and kissed my hand, then touched the gravestone.

I stood back up and sighed a little, before folding my arms and walking back to my car.

-

Roddy POV

"What happened now" Mahki asked me as we were playing cards at my house, and I confided in him about me and Serenity breaking up... Possibly for good this time.

"I don't even know where to begin. We were tryna have a conversation to fix our problem, but it just turned into us arguing again." I said.

"About the same thing?" He asked.

"Yeah. She feels one way, I feel another way. We not on the same page. And I ain't gone lie, a nigga lowkey got scared she was gone leave and she knew it. So I made her think I didn't care, when I do" I said sighing.

"Now why would you do that?" Mahki asked me.

"Because I got my pride. Ain't no woman finna think I'm scared of losing them" I said.

"Mannnnn fuck that pride shit. When you love somebody, you put all that pride to the side of you wanna keep them around." Mahki said.

"Man.. I ain't gone lie cuh. I miss her ass like crazy.. She really my backbone." I said tossing the cards on the table and I tilted my head back, rubbing my face.

"Then go fix it" Mahki said.

"I feel like it might be too late." I said.

"You needa check your temper Roddy, real shit. When you mad, you get real disrespectful and that ain't coo." He said.

One thing about Mahki, he gone keep it real with me whether I like it or not, and whether I wanna hear it or not.

"But-"